Bouncing idea's 🏀: 2024 NBA Off-Season: Key Decisions and Developments

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Ainge better hope that Lauri balls out this year or he’s going to be hard pressed moving off that deal when he’s able to do so.

What puts him in a bind though is that Lauri will fukk up the tank for Cooper Flag so he can’t hold him out without it hurting his value.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Ainge better hope that Lauri balls out this year or he’s going to be hard pressed moving off that deal when he’s able to do so.

What puts him in a bind though is that Lauri will fukk up the tank for Cooper Flag so he can’t hold him out without it hurting his value.

Haven't looked at the Utah Jazz's recent roster. But it's not hard at all to still tank with an All Star level talent player on your roster. And this isn't the 80's/90's where the worst team in the league has an automatic chance to get the #1 pick

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Haven't looked at the Utah Jazz's recent roster. But it's not hard at all to still tank with an All Star level talent player on your roster. And this isn't the 80's/90's where the worst team in the league has an automatic chance to get the #1 pick
Washington, Portland, San Antonio and Brooklyn are worse teams than team team so they’re going to have to pull a miraculous tank to get the best odds or hope that they move up.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC

They gonna shut him down right after All-Star break with a mysterious "elbow injury" and let the tank go. John Collins probably getting moved this season too.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

I said in the Lauri extension thread, I don't understand what Utah's plan is. They're again firmly in that 30-35 win range with the current roster.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If Podz is the reason the Warriors didn’t add Markannen :mjlol:
If the deal was Kuminga and Podz, plus picks, I can see why they weren't pressed to do it.

They would have a season with Kuminga and then have to make a decision on paying him. Kuminga isn't a shoe-in to be a star level player, so I understand them just opting to extend Lauri instead.

They also have solid young talent at the guard position they want to develop.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I said in the Lauri extension thread, I don't understand what Utah's plan is. They're again firmly in that 30-35 win range with the current roster.
If they win 35 games give Hardy they COTY Award right now.

That isn't happening in the the Western Conference this season

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
If the deal was Kuminga and Podz, plus picks, I can see why they weren't pressed to do it.

They would have a season with Kuminga and then have to make a decision on paying him. Kuminga isn't a shoe-in to be a star level player, so I understand them just opting to extend Lauri instead.

They also have solid young talent at the guard position they want to develop.
Golden state wasn’t willing to even do that, it does hurt Utah’s chances at Flagg which was the biggest surprise to me but I’m sure they’ll still trade him