Boston is 26% Black (Unofficial Boston Thread LFGI)

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
My point was that Black folks in Boston are practically invisible, its like cacs have yall cowering in a corner like bytches.

yall nikkas have little to no national footprint for it to be 26% of yall there (unless that 26% is counting islanders/FOBs, then it all makes sense after that).

Outside of New Jack Swing, what are other Black cultural exports outta Boston?

Even crazier is I cant even think of any Black athletes from Boston. Even Cac and Asian ass Seattle and Tacoma have pumped out Avery Bradley, Isaiah Thomas, Zach Levine, Marcus and Desmond Trufant, Dejounte Murray, Jason Terry, Jamal Crawford, etc...

that's exactly who makes up this percentage, did you even read through the thread

it's because boston is OLD OLD money, you are not budging shyt families have been here since the 1600s. the real problem is the economical distribution, gotta find a way to make the money here spread

folks fleeing the south during the 1800s came up here first, smh yall gonna have to make me go on a history thread soon for this

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
That rate the city thread got me feeling a type of way, how we get a 4.31 are y'all MAD :what: ?!

Houston is only 22% black and LA is only 11% :black :dahell:

Put some respek on our names ::birdman:

Look if it's not Houston, NYC, Charlotte, ATL, or DC then y'all city aint that much better than us in terms of livability :childplease:

I'd rather live in Boston than half the cities y'all from and that's on dead dogs :unimpressed:

There's rich Afro-American history in this city for goodness sake :mindblown:
kemba walker came breh

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
that's exactly who makes up this percentage, did you even read through the thread

then wtf breh, whats the point of this thread? :dwillhuh:

not tryna get shyt started, but you really expect ADOS ppl to be all aflutter that a city is full of people who share your skin tone but not the same language, religion, food or culture?

and like i said, its not like Boston even has a nationally relevant black neighborhood or culture. NYC prolly has similar demographics but NYC actually has a strong history of ADOS culture and Borough Culture (Harlem is flashy, brooklyn is gutter nikkas, etc etc).....

I mean yall are a significantly African City cool, word to the motherland and all :blessed:, but that doesnt mean shyt to the every day ADOS person who would basically be an outcast in any of these neighborhoods.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
then wtf breh, whats the point of this thread? :dwillhuh:

not tryna get shyt started, but you really expect ADOS ppl to be all aflutter that a city is full of people who share your skin tone but not the same language, religion, food or culture?

and like i said, its not like Boston even has a nationally relevant black neighborhood or culture. NYC prolly has similar demographics but NYC actually has a strong history of ADOS culture and Borough Culture (Harlem is flashy, brooklyn is gutter nikkas, etc etc).....

I mean yall are a significantly African City cool, word to the motherland and all :blessed:, but that doesnt mean shyt to the every day ADOS person who would basically be an outcast in any of these neighborhoods.

Again wrong on EVERY LEVEL

Boston does have prominent ADOS history, I think @Mega can speak on it and ties in with Detroit to somewhere around the 70s, and most people fled here after the civil war just due to the number of universities alone. EVEN MLK and X spent time here and went to school

You're acting like all these ethnic groups are the same that alone shows your own ignorance. are all black people a monolith?

You are only outcast because you choose to be, Again are all black people a monolith :unimpressed:

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
What happened while you were there?
Went there first time ever in 1998 with my HS and was the first time I was ever called the N word to my face by adult white woman. Went back a few years ago and got harassed by another white woman on a train while I was minding my own.
Went to a few bars and would always feel the :mjpls:stares.
My family lives all throughout the south from Louisiana to Alabama (I live in Texas) and I never just felt out of place visiting a city like I did there.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Lived in Brighton
Went to school in Boston near the Roxbury club
Worked off Broad Street

Boston has a lot of Black people but I swear I was the only non African or Caribbean Black person in the whole city

The African and Caribbean people way more cool than the 1s here in Dallas:hubie:

Hoes of all races loved me:wow:

My GF there was Nigerian (although she lied and told me she was West Indian and Cuban at the time)
I had a bad ass Dominican bih:noah:

Had a chick from Ghana that I probably should have married:jbhmm:

hoes from Boston Univ, Bos College, Northeastern, Roxbury CC:noah:

*can't no barber in the entire state of MA can cut hair:hubie:

Shakespeare in the park:blessed:
EVERYBODY smoking the Boston Commons the fuxk out:blessed:
Cops on bikes would just be like :ehh:
And not even say shyt

Black girls at Harvard ain't give me no play tho:mjpls:

The big ass FAO Schwartz store :blessed:(but I heard it got closed long ago)

White bytches loved me:mjpls:

I really had a demonic blessing when I was there cause I would be deep in the hood and had no problems :whoo:

Even the CACs would just randomly buy me drinks at the bars and shyt:jbhmm:

Boston cool as fuxk
But shyt too inconvenient
And expensive as fukk

Summer time the shyt

But winter :mjtf:

Boston 1 of the most windy cities in America in the winter time:mjtf:

The wind would routinely push people from the sidewalk into traffic:mjtf:

Women would ask me to hold they hands when coming out the train exits cause they was scared of getting blown

It would be freezing in the winter :mjtf:

Then in the start of spring
It would be 30°F in the morning then 80 by 2pm:mjtf:

Last edited:

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Again wrong on EVERY LEVEL

Boston does have prominent ADOS history, I think @Mega can speak on it and ties in with Detroit to somewhere around the 70s

You're acting like all these ethnic groups are the same that alone shows your own ignorance. are all black people a monolith?

You are only outcast because you choose to be, Again are all black people a monolith :unimpressed:

No breh youre missing my point :snoop:

Bostons black population is mostly Hatians, Jamaicans,. Trinis, Ethiopians, Nigerans, Ghanians, Bajans, Somlian...right?

So how is that an attractive prospect for a breh from Milwaukee? Or Montgomery? He'd go to one of these ethnic groups neighborhood and have nothing in common with the residents there outside of skin color.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
No breh youre missing my point :snoop:

Bostons black population is mostly Hatians, Jamaicans,. Trinis, Ethiopians, Nigerans, Ghanians, Bajans, Somlian...right?

So how is that an attractive prospect for a breh from Milwaukee? Or Montgomery? He'd go to one of these ethnic groups neighborhood and have nothing in common with the residents there outside of skin color.
You think those groups have anything in common with each other?!?! a majority of them are nothing alike but we all still here vybing, going to the same parties, listening to the same music, drinking and smoking the same shyt :unimpressed:
nikka we got carnival and distinct black areas here but let these nikkas tell it:mjlol:
yoo Cambridge mayor canceled theirs, I heard they almost dragged him out his house :lupe:

Supper

All Star
Daps
:hhh:
The same zoes that were the first to establish their own country and kill off al their colonial masters, cmon breh don't do this. also

Haitians had nothing to do with the establishment of New Orleans or the development of the African American culture there. And there's absolutely no connection between the geechee people and haitians.

And the St Dominique mulatto who settled in what would became the modern city of chicago has what exactly to do with the African-American community?

They did one thing which was launch the most successful slave revolt in THEIR country. Good for them. Still has nothing to do with the African-American community in America.

African Americans throughout our history have actually bent over backwards to help them much more than the other way around and even help them establish some of their earliest schools and newspapers.
Prince Saunders - Wikipedia

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Haitians had nothing to do with the establishment of New Orleans or the development of the African American culture there. And there's absolutely no connection between the geechee people and haitians.

And the St Dominique mulatto who settled in what would became the modern city of chicago has what exactly to do with the African-American communit?

They did one thing which was launch the most successful slave revolt in THEIR country. Good for them. Still has nothing to do with the African-American community in America.

African Americans throughout our history have actually bent over backwards to help them much more than the other way around and even help them establish some of their earliest schools and newspapers.
Prince Saunders - Wikipedia
Again I'm not a zoe, but there was a HUGE thread on this a while back around 2014-2016. imma see if I can find it

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why the fukk y'all think that, new jack swing and a bunch of rnb groups popped off from here

Patrice grew up here :patrice:

cost of living is like nyc give or take a few dollars

Women are 50/50 either she cool peoples or a stuck up as bytch but they fine no cap

Thought New Jack swing came from Harlem.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
WHERE?!

Mark Walhberg isn't walking to the hood handing out shyt :pacspit:

maybe to these blavity blacks or c00ns but not no real ones

Toronto is only 9% black at BEST :unimpressed:

Total number =/=avg/percentage , fail 4th grade math brehs

you was probably only in southie did you go to BLACK BOSTON though, that's the real question

Couple things here:

No, most people don't go to Black Boston, but what you're saying is something you need to be consistent on. You point out how LA doesn't have a large black percentage, but there's more black people in LA County than the entire state of Massachusetts by almost double; the entire state of Massachusetts only has ~140,000 more black people than the city of Los Angeles...

Most people afraid to go to Black LA and they don't go there either, so your point is valid, but be consistent...

I went to Black Boston for the record. There's alota blacks in Boston...

There's more black people in Toronto than Boston regardless of percentage. When you in these major cities, there does come a point where the actual population volume outweighs the percentage, as you can go to parts of major cities and see nothing but black people. Toronto fits that mold, so sure, Boston has the higher percentage, and still has ~85,000 fewer blacks than Toronto. That matters for something...

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Couple things here:

No, most people don't go to Black Boston, but what you're saying is something you need to be consistent on. You point out how LA doesn't have a large black percentage, but there's more black people in LA County than the entire state of Massachusetts by almost double; the entire state of Massachusetts only has ~140,000 more black people than the city of Los Angeles...

Most people afraid to go to Black LA and they don't go there either, so your point is valid, but be consistent...

I went to Black Boston for the record. There's alota blacks in Boston...

There's more black people in Toronto than Boston regardless of percentage. When you in these major cities, there does come a point where the actual population volume outweighs the percentage, as you can go to parts of major cities and see nothing but black people. Toronto fits that mold, so sure, Boston has the higher percentage, and still has ~85,000 fewer blacks than Toronto. That matters for something...

Total raw numbers DO NOT EQUAL the avg/percentage. cmon breh this is basic math :what:

40/100 is still a better percentage than 20000/10000000

Remember you then have to take land mass and the overall population size. Boston has AT MOST a population of roughly 600k the rest have a population total of no less than 1 million. That alone speaks for itself. 600k vs 1 million. if we're going by raw numbers of course we're going to lose