Borderlands 3 | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When do yall suggest I crank it up to mayhem 10? I restarted in tvhm mode at mayhem 10 but after rampager the difficulty spike forced me to turn it down to 3. Am I missing any good legendaries playing through the rest of the story at mayhem 3?

There's some loot that doesn't drop at levels lower than Mayhem 6, so you want to work your way up to there at least.

Did you go straight to Mayhem 10? The way they designed it, well rolled gear from about two Mayhem levels lower is viable for in higher levels, and anything below that starts getting tough. I'd say if you don't care about sinking some time, farm for a couple of decent legendaries with ok rolls at 3, then crank it up to 5 or 6, farm again, go to 8, farm again, and then just roll through 10.

I hvent played in a bit, but as I remember it, the biggest difference between 8/9 and 10 is the extra debuff. If can get comfortable in the middle levels, the later levels are manageable with the right build and gear.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What are some of you using for AA on PC? I can't stand their temporal solution as it makes things too blurry and the other one doesn't really show much of a difference.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
There's some loot that doesn't drop at levels lower than Mayhem 6, so you want to work your way up to there at least.

Did you go straight to Mayhem 10? The way they designed it, well rolled gear from about two Mayhem levels lower is viable for in higher levels, and anything below that starts getting tough. I'd say if you don't care about sinking some time, farm for a couple of decent legendaries with ok rolls at 3, then crank it up to 5 or 6, farm again, go to 8, farm again, and then just roll through 10.

I hvent played in a bit, but as I remember it, the biggest difference between 8/9 and 10 is the extra debuff. If can get comfortable in the middle levels, the later levels are manageable with the right build and gear.

Yeah I had a few mayhem 6 weapons before I restarted in tvhm and mayhem 10. If I just had like a mayhem 10 hellwalker I feel like I could get by in mayhem 10. Off top know where I can farm mayhem weapons, Im at the aurelia fight

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When do yall suggest I crank it up to mayhem 10? I restarted in tvhm mode at mayhem 10 but after rampager the difficulty spike forced me to turn it down to 3. Am I missing any good legendaries playing through the rest of the story at mayhem 3?

what character are you using? i have moze, i use the kaosans that capt traunt drops. they shred everything

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

The Kaoson should still wreck with her as long as it's elemental. Preferably Fire or Ice.

I think it's a mayhem 6+ drop though. If you have the Arms Race DLC then get the plasma coil. Gun's literally a cheat code and destroys everything. May be a bytch to get but worth it.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Kaoson should still wreck with her as long as it's elemental. Preferably Fire or Ice.

I think it's a mayhem 6+ drop though. If you have the Arms Race DLC then get the plasma coil. Gun's literally a cheat code and destroys everything. May be a bytch to get but worth it.

Yeah, Kaoson is a 6+ drop.

To add on to breh above, I think some of the Revenge of the Cartels weapons should still at least be somewhat effective for when you're trying to just cobble together some gear that's usage until you get something really good. I actually think the OPQ System is currently one of the better weapons for her.

Really, since you're able to spam most of her action skills, anointments that give you any kind of serious bonus on action skill end are your best friend with building up to, and surviving 10.

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
plasma coil is redic
I still get busy with the ice redistributor even after the nerf on my mantis Zane build. Soo much fun

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah, Kaoson is a 6+ drop.

To add on to breh above, I think some of the Revenge of the Cartels weapons should still at least be somewhat effective for when you're trying to just cobble together some gear that's usage until you get something really good. I actually think the OPQ System is currently one of the better weapons for her.

Really, since you're able to spam most of her action skills, anointments that give you any kind of serious bonus on action skill end are your best friend with building up to, and surviving 10.

Yeah the OPQ system is insane on Amara with the right anointments, just be careful shooting enemies up close. The splash damage can instantly down you.

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps

Amara is a bit more tricky to build with it. She has the least gun damage out of all the vault hunters so most things don't work. That said she's OP as fukk

For Pistols - Hellshock if you don't have any of the DLC's is lovely, if you do have the DLC's then the standards work LightShow(DLC 3), Free Radical(Directors Cut), Tizzy(Designers Cut)

For SMGs - Flipper(DLC 3), Plasma Coil(Designers Cut), Needle Gun(Cartel Event which is Base game now), Crit(Tip Moxxi)

For ARs - NoPewPew is probably the best AR for Amara and lowkey is better than the OPQ (Cartel Event which is Base game now), Rowans Call(Base Game), Monarch(Mayhem 6 Drop From Killavolt)

For Shotguns - Butcher is lovely (Base Game), Facepuncher still wrecks just make such your build is melee based and feast(Base Game), Hellwalker is :wow: (Base Game)

For shields, artifacts, grenade mod, and class mod that depends on your build

Now go be great with Amara :blessed:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Amara is a bit more tricky to build with it. She has the least gun damage out of all the vault hunters so most things don't work. That said she's OP as fukk

For Pistols - Hellshock if you don't have any of the DLC's is lovely, if you do have the DLC's then the standards work LightShow(DLC 3), Free Radical(Directors Cut), Tizzy(Designers Cut)

For SMGs - Flipper(DLC 3), Plasma Coil(Designers Cut), Needle Gun(Cartel Event which is Base game now), Crit(Tip Moxxi)

For ARs - NoPewPew is probably the best AR for Amara and lowkey is better than the OPQ (Cartel Event which is Base game now), Rowans Call(Base Game), Monarch(Mayhem 6 Drop From Killavolt)

For Shotguns - Butcher is lovely (Base Game), Facepuncher still wrecks just make such your build is melee based and feast(Base Game), Hellwalker is :wow: (Base Game)

For shields, artifacts, grenade mod, and class mod that depends on your build

Now go be great with Amara :blessed:

Amara is my favorite, since her lower fun damage requires you to abuse the way her skills interact with each other and anointments.

But when you get it set up just right, :wow: It's completely reasonable to be able to roll through a significant portion of endgame content solo.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
I’m late af but I’ve been playing the hell out of this game:wow:I was late to the whole borderlands series as a whole but once I beat the 1st one earlier this year I’ve run though all 3 games and This 3rd one is piff

My Moze build is crazy and I’m at level 65 on it, the different types of guns on here along with adaptive triggers and haptic feedback makes the game so addicting to me, upgrading your weapons and player is satisfying as hell after putting in all the work

I’m maxing out my level with the DLC content and starting a new play through in True Vault Hunter mode soon:mjgrin:

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I’m late af but I’ve been playing the hell out of this game:wow:I was late to the whole borderlands series as a whole but once I beat the 1st one earlier this year I’ve run though all 3 games and This 3rd one is piff

My Moze build is crazy and I’m at level 65 on it, the different types of guns on here along with adaptive triggers and haptic feedback makes the game so addicting to me, upgrading your weapons and player is satisfying as hell after putting in all the work

I’m maxing out my level with the DLC content and starting a new play through in True Vault Hunter mode soon:mjgrin:

Moze is the GOAT imo. Her playstyle is exactly how I like playing FPS. Just run n gun with very little reloading, basically infinite ammo.

Plus her splash damage bonuses are insane, and if I'm in a tight spot hop into Iron Bear and mow down everything in sight.:mjlit:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
Moze is the GOAT imo. Her playstyle is exactly how I like playing FPS. Just run n gun with very little reloading, basically infinite ammo.

Plus her splash damage bonuses are insane, and if I'm in a tight spot hop into Iron Bear and mow down everything in sight.:mjlit:
Once I unlocked that ammo regen, firing with automatic weapons has been :mjlit:

Last edited: