Boondocks Season 4 Premieres Tomorrow - Pretty Boy Flizzy Promo Trailer

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Finally caught up to the last two episodes tonight. Much stronger episodes than compared to the rest of this lackluster season. shyt, in all honestly, Season 3 wasnt that great either. You can really tell Mcgruder wasn't a part of this at all; just a had a different vibe. Oh and we need one more Huey episode before it ends.

-edit- that was the finale? :dwillhuh:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
loved the last episode. i honestly don't know why there's so much hate. in terms of consistency, season 4 wasn't much different from season 3. if you hate season 4 then you should hate season 3 as well. overall i'd give the season a 3/5. not stellar, but also not as bad as people are making it out to be.
hell naw breh, season 3 had The Red Ball (animation piff :ohlawd:) that ep where Bushido Brown got murked after that piff ass fight scene :to:, the booty warrior episode :scusthov:, granddad smoking weed episode :ahh:, the fried chicken flu episode :mjlol: , uncle ruckus family episode :pachaha:, the fundraiser episode that was on some state property type shyt :birdman:, the Pause episode(tyler perry ether :salute:)

season 3 mighta not of been the BEST season, but the episdoes that were good, were REALLY fukkin good, even the lukewarm episodes like Lando Freeman ep., Thugnificent going broke and Ebony Brown were atleast watchable imo

this season shyt just made me turn it the fukk off too many times :yawn:

Daps
Finally caught up to the last two episodes tonight. Much stronger episodes than compared to the rest of this lackluster season. shyt, in all honestly, Season 3 wasnt that great either. You can really tell Mcgruder wasn't a part of this at all; just a had a different vibe. Oh and we need one more Huey episode before it ends.

that's really my only complaint. not enough huey episodes. i mean i like how Boondocks tries to keep it honest with how it portrays black people. only thing is, like huey p newton (nice avatar btw), huey freeman is my dude. i feel like i can relate to him the most but i feel like he's getting sidelined by all the ratchet characters. i don't mind riley, and robert doing ratchet shyt, but it definitely should not be the focus.

i know ppl are saying how it's just a show, but honestly, i don't think any of you realize just how powerful media is. the boondocks is literally the only show i look forward to watching every week, i never watch any tv these days. part of it is because i feel like it touches me deep. unconsciously or not, we all tend to assimilate the prejudices, attitudes and tomfoolery we see on television. this is why, at some level, i get concerned with this unhealthy obsession with ratchetness, ignorance and idiocy when it comes to your average black show. when i was younger i used to eat a lot of this up, but at this point of my life i feel like i am better than all of this, and that tv show writers should respect me enough as an individual to provide something wholesome, or at the very least, something balanced.

Daps
There's no way that was meant to be the season finale, much less the series finale. The show clearly got cut short. At least they won't get in trouble in the future for going in on the gay agenda since that was the final episode anyway.

Batz

The Freaks Come out At Night
Daps
Sad, sad,sad fall from grace brehs. I had to stop after the third ep. This show is clearly missing the Mcgruder touch. Shame to see a once good show with two good seasons, a mixed bag season 3 and this imo.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

Nah, Season 3 had some of the best episodes of the series: bytches to Rags, The Red Ball, Tyler Perry, Booty Warrior, Ruckus Familty Reunion, Fundraiser, etc. Season 3 was great but had a couple of mediocre episodes..

Season 4 was just flat out unwatchable, and this is coming from someone who desperately defended the show up until the fourth episode this season

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
It took like four years to make this season, at some point MacGruder was involved. So stop acting like he had nothing to do with this season. Honestly, the show was becoming a satire of itself back in Season 3. The writing was on the wall then.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
The only episode I personally think McGruder could possibly have been involved in was the Freedom Riders episode

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
that's really my only complaint. not enough huey episodes. i mean i like how Boondocks tries to keep it honest with how it portrays black people. only thing is, like huey p newton (nice avatar btw), huey freeman is my dude. i feel like i can relate to him the most but i feel like he's getting sidelined by all the ratchet characters. i don't mind riley, and robert doing ratchet shyt, but it definitely should not be the focus.

i know ppl are saying how it's just a show, but honestly, i don't think any of you realize just how powerful media is. the boondocks is literally the only show i look forward to watching every week, i never watch any tv these days. part of it is because i feel like it touches me deep. unconsciously or not, we all tend to assimilate the prejudices, attitudes and tomfoolery we see on television. this is why, at some level, i get concerned with this unhealthy obsession with ratchetness, ignorance and idiocy when it comes to your average black show. when i was younger i used to eat a lot of this up, but at this point of my life i feel like i am better than all of this, and that tv show writers should respect me enough as an individual to provide something wholesome, or at the very least, something balanced.
That's why I like the boondocks cause it points out everything thats currently goin ok. It points out everybody's flaws and stereotypes. Much like chappelle show. But this season didn't have much conscious (huey). Like u said. I feel bad that this was they last season. Some episodes I like, hated, and tolerated. I will always remember this show for its in your face comedy and conscious.