Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

FrostBite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Currently reading these:

51JuLrTqNPL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

91Q94Jk6QgL.jpg

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Finished Daemon not too long ago, which is the first book in a two part series. It's essentially one huge book split into two. The first one is an extremely fun read. And from what I've read, Freedom is even better. I'm in the middle of American Gods but I'll probably jump into the second book of this once I'm done.

One interesting thing about this series is that recently Elon Musk was warning U.S. governors about the existential risk of A.I. and defending against it. That sorta happens in this book. A rogue series of scripts basically takes over the world in a sense. It sounds a bit far fetched, but some of this stuff isn't as crazy as it sounds. I think this book was written in 2006 and at that time, self driving vehicles were more of a fringe idea. It definitely wasn't mainstream and the idea that the cars could communicate and think was more sci-fi/Stephen King than reality. This book puts them to realistic, practical, and deadly use. As well as a number of other weapons.

daemon-freedom-daniel-suarez.jpg

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Just started The Lies of Locke Lamora.

Really enjoying it so far.

I buy books all the time but almost never read them :heh: . I still need to read The Way of Kings, but tried a few times and could not focus.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just started The Lies of Locke Lamora.

Really enjoying it so far.

I buy books all the time but almost never read them :heh: . I still need to read The Way of Kings, but tried a few times and could not focus.
Same here. My backlog for books, blus, and games would take my months to get through lol

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
mrmercedes_us_cover.jpg

This was dope and I just found out it's part of a trilogy :wow:

I also found it's getting a tv show on a network I've never heard of:patrice:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
mrmercedes_us_cover.jpg

This was dope and I just found out it's part of a trilogy :wow:

I also found it's getting a tv show on a network I've never heard of:patrice:
Never read a Stephen King book

What am I missing?

His book on writing is on my tablet somewhere btw

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Great thread :blessed:

I just finished little books by Issa Rae and Charlamagne Tha God... Charlemagne's book was really good and Issa Rae's book was cool but it was just more so a collection of essays.

Now I am reading The Road and Lord of the Flies :ehh:

After that I am going to read The Alchemist and I am also taking more suggestions if you guys have any :wow: