Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
51Ml%2BjD9l3L._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Great read

How is this?:ohhh:

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have three to read, plus to catch up on Breaking Bad *sigh* I need days off work just to catch up!
20ur9yx.jpg

What are you reading??

I actually just stayed up the whole night to ready "And The Mountains Echoed"

:wow::mjcry: Trifecta. He did it again.

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
I'm reading a brief history of time now.

Read Stalled by Michael Hlinka before that. It's about the Canadian economy from a very particular point of view.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
shyt i cant believe ive never seen this thread. I would consider myself a serious reader...try to finish roughly 50 books a year. So far this month i have finished frank herberts dune, heinleins moon is a harsh mistress. Both classic science fiction.

I read two pieces by david hume and im working on mccarthys blood meridian right now.

Ive always been onterested in reading godel escher bach and i think i might finally nut up and tackle it. Supposed to be one of the hardest reads out there

One of my top 5 philosophers to read. His material is so accessible. :wow:

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
I mean most ont recognize his greatness...have u moved on to kant? :lupe:These two go hand in hand
Yep, Hume is pretty legit. :whoo:
And I did read some Kant! I read his "Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals". Which is much more confusing than my translation of Hume's Enquiry but like Hume he's also an empiricist so they've got that in common even if Kant challenges/corrects Hume quite a bit – and rightfully so in some cases.

I've never touched a "Critique of Pure Reason" but I'm more interested in touching this "Phenomenology of Spirit" book I got written by Hegel and translated by Miller. I heard it's heavy but a great derivative of Kantian philosophy. So I'm somewhat excited to check it out. :obama:

I recommend you read the Critique by Kant tho', it's his Magnum Opus on C.I. (Categorical Imperative), practical reason and the concept of duty.