Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Just finished Morning star, book #3 of the Red Rising series and it's amazing. It's changed how I think about quite a lot of things but mostly what the meaning of "live for more" or "we are who we want to be".

18966806.jpg

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Just started the Malazan series :whew: I been avoiding it, it’s so long and hard to follow, I thought wheel of time was an undertaking, but WoT is like basic algebra, this is advanced string theory. I had to go over the first 3 chapters and start over again at least 9 times literally, but once had a general understanding of what was happening, it’s really fukking great! Still on first book, but it’s fukking incredible so far! So many good characters, great writing, and the stories are fukking crack! The series I did before this, The Broken Empire series, if anybody likes Grimdark, the first three books in the series, Prince of thorns, King of thorns, and Emperor of thorns has probably the biggest piece of shyt protagonist in the history of print lol very entertaining if you like anti-heroes from a perspective I’ve never read. The main character makes Joffrey look like Mr. Rogers.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Just started the Malazan series :whew: I been avoiding it, it’s so long and hard to follow, I thought wheel of time was an undertaking, but WoT is like basic algebra, this is advanced string theory. I had to go over the first 3 chapters and start over again at least 9 times literally, but once had a general understanding of what was happening, it’s really fukking great! Still on first book, but it’s fukking incredible so far! So many good characters, great writing, and the stories are fukking crack! The series I did before this, The Broken Empire series, if anybody likes Grimdark, the first three books in the series, Prince of thorns, King of thorns, and Emperor of thorns has probably the biggest piece of shyt protagonist in the history of print lol very entertaining if you like anti-heroes from a perspective I’ve never read. The main character makes Joffrey look like Mr. Rogers.

I was going to start Game of Thrones until someone recommended Malazan within their review. I read quite a few reviews saying that the author just drops you into the book and things are quite confusing. This is one of those keep a pencil and pad for the names type of fantasy novels, right?

Eventually I ended up reading Elric of Melnibone, pretty decent so far.

Saw the Harry Potter collection on sale and I should have it delivered by tomorrow. I stopped at the Goblet of Fire but don't remember much of the series at this point, for the price of entry i'm willing to restart.

I'll get to the Malazan series after Harry Potter.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I was going to start Game of Thrones until someone recommended Malazan within their review. I read quite a few reviews saying that the author just drops you into the book and things are quite confusing. This is one of those keep a pencil and pad for the names type of fantasy novels, right?

Eventually I ended up reading Elric of Melnibone, pretty decent so far.

Saw the Harry Potter collection on sale and I should have it delivered by tomorrow. I stopped at the Goblet of Fire but don't remember much of the series at this point, for the price of entry i'm willing to restart.

I'll get to the Malazan series after Harry Potter.
I had to go on a site that had chapter summaries lol I have like a comprehension disability, I can’t understand things the first time I read them, it’s hard for me to follow, so I just read/listen to things 5 or 6 times until I understand them, but once I get it, it’s easy. If you like Epic Fantasy, I can make some recommendations for you.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I had to go on a site that had chapter summaries lol I have like a comprehension disability, I can’t understand things the first time I read them, it’s hard for me to follow, so I just read/listen to things 5 or 6 times until I understand them, but once I get it, it’s easy. If you like Epic Fantasy, I can make some recommendations for you.

I honestly do the same, sometimes everything merges together while I'm reading.

I'll take a list

:feedme:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
:blessed:

it feels like it's been years but every time i touch down i see we have a new breh blessing his orbital sockets with that Malazan piff :banderas:

you on the first book and i'd say that's the weakest blunt in the whole circle :wow: i fukked up and tried to read Wheel of Time afterwards and it just isn't hitting the same, Chronicles of the Black Company was the only series that came close and that makes sense cuz it inspired the creation of malazan

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Audible is having a sitewide sale up to 85% off. I have three credits I got at a discount ($6.95/mo for 3 months) and the sale is still cheaper than that for a few titles. I recommend yall re-up with any audiobooks you've been putting off that are priced right

Audible Sale

Lambent55

All Star
Daps

Anthony Ryan - Pariah. It was okay.

His novel Blood Song is a classic. It's part of a trilogy, but I don't recommend the other two books. Actually, Tower Lord is okay to read , but I wouldn't bother with the third.