• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I can see how Bone could be an acquired taste to some. But I think due to their style some people overlook what they are doing lyrically and as MC's. They created a sound in a sense, at the least made it prominent. But they wrecked shyt as MC's, they were just rippin shyt like crazy. They had some very good concept type records too.
To me Bone has always been much more about how they delivered the lyrics as opposed to the actual lyrics. I was never able to hear everything they were saying. This was a well known thing back in the day. I remember in high school people would brag about being able to understand everything that was said. I love what they do over tracks - but I don't view them as lyricists. The production was not top notch either.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
bone clearly outclasses epmd in every possible category, both on & off wax.

dj u-neek >>> eric sermon

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
To me Bone has always been much more about how they delivered the lyrics as opposed to the actual lyrics. I was never able to hear everything they were saying. This was a well known thing back in the day. I remember in high school people would brag about being able to understand everything that was said. I love what they do over tracks - but I don't view them as lyricists. The production was not top notch either.

if you dont view them as lyricists, then youre really not listening. THATS THE REAL PROBLEM.

hell, i remember bizzy bone put all the lyrics in his album booklet. that killed all that noise right there.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I agree with that partially. They are certainly a group that is about styles of MC'in, with the melody, rhythm and speeds they do. Those are obviously as you know MC skills though. So I have to give them props for that. Lyrics wise, they are putting together some serious lyrics at times, and other times it's more melody orientated. Ah, see that might be where/why we have the difference of opinion, cause I can hear 99 percent of what they are all saying. So it's probably hitting me harder than it's hitting you due to that fact. Bone have a lot of great content in their work, street content but also have some consciousness and positivity. Your probably missing that if you can't understand everything their saying. Which is fair enough, just personally I can hear what they are saying largely. I love the energy they brought to the table, the songs, everything. I love Bone Thugz. So many MC's within the group I rate highly too. Krayzie and Bizzy can REALLY spit at a high level. So can Layzie, Wish has his own dope style too. That's understandable, I see where your coming from, but ultimately disagree cause they are putting some very dope lyrics together. I always liked their production too, I think they made some GREAT music. So it's just a matter of taste which have to respect ultimately.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
@Wacky D gonna cry like the lil b!tch he is if Bone Thugs loses this. Ya'll Bone stans better rally the troops
I don't understand what's going on :mindblown:
Bone Thugs is the most popular thing in the history of things :banderas:
In a few hours Bone Thugs will have a few thousand votes :win:
EPMD?? :camby: