Bombs over Bog'Don! The Official 20-2021 Atlanta Hawks Thread #RIPCHAR #WeMove

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Unpopular opinion but Billy Knight was kinda ahead of his time, I remember back in the day he envisioned a squad with a bunch of versatile forwards he just struck out on the draft picks

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Isn’t Okogie their top pick from last year? I doubt they trade him

Okogie is going into his 4th year :dahell:

Their top pick last year was #1 over selection Anthony Edwards :dahell:

Everytime I look at this thread I see nothing but ppl who have no idea what they're talking about :dead:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Bad news brehs:

OO just had surgery to repair a torn labrum in his shoulder he’ll be out at least 6 months :francis:

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Bad news brehs:

OO just had surgery to repair a torn labrum in his shoulder he’ll be out at least 6 months :francis:
I remember he missed a game early in the season with a shoulder issue. It sounds like he just played through it because there were a couple instances the playoffs where he would wince while touching his shoulder at the free throw line.

Sucks man, woulda liked to see him bulk up and play in the summer league with cam

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Also, if Collins walks and OO is out til February, capela would be our only real big man. :patrice:

Hunter won't be ready for the start of the season too. Our hands might be forced to match Collins:francis:

The reports I’ve seen have Hunter returning for the start of training camp but your overall point is 100%. We’re short on big men…we’ll need to look at free agency and even the draft to find quality replacements, maybe Moses Wright from Tech in the 2nd round @The_Sheff @Mr Hate Coffee @iamstr8fire @Rekkapryde

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Also, if Collins walks and OO is out til February, capela would be our only real big man. :patrice:

Hunter won't be ready for the start of the season too.:francis:

Man that sucks, I'm sure they knew Okongwu would be out for a while prior to the announcement, so it probably doesn't change the approach for roster construction.

Top priorities:
  • Collins decision
  • Backup PG
  • Big man depth
  • Bench scoring - I'm hoping that's Cam. But it wouldn't hurt to add another wing guy
Also Kris Dunn has until July 28th to opt in to his $5 mill option. I'd be surprised if he didn't.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
A few names that can be backup Center options for the Hawks (also, whoever we sign would likely have to understand that Big O will be slotted back into that backup Center role once he’s back healthy so that caveat will likely limit the Hawks options)…

Gorgui Dieng
Dwayne Dedmond
JaVale McGee