Bombs over Bog'Don! The Official 20-2021 Atlanta Hawks Thread #RIPCHAR #WeMove

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Team has enough young talent…we’re firmly in win now mode. I’d package that pick if we can get some veterans at backup PG and in the post (ie a Bobby Portis, Jae Crowder, PJ Tucker type of high leverage role player). I’d rather have that then another young player who isn’t gonna play as much :yeshrug:

Actually Portis and Tucker will be free agents in the offseason. I'd rather have Portis though as Tucker is washed.

deeman

All Star
Daps
Marvin Williams Sr. Is More Than Just An NBA Dad

Im still mad about this shyt 16 years later. The delusion :dahell: fukk billy knight

“At that time, if you came in as the first or second pick in the draft, they used to build the whole team around you,” Williams recalled. “You were the guy that was going to take the franchise to the next level. When Marvin went to Atlanta, that wasn’t the case.

“Everything was built around Joe Johnson, the owner was captivated with him,” Williams Sr. continued. “That general manager at the time [Billy Knight] was so far ahead of his time that people didn’t even realize what he was doing until now.

“[Knight] kept picking forwards and everyone was asking why, but they were some versatile forwards. And then with [Mike Woodson], I think he felt like Marvin was coddled at Carolina, which he wasn’t. He’s always worked hard. But Woody never gave him credit for his work ethic. Had Woody done a better job – and as a black coach, he was more concerned about keeping his job instead of developing Marvin as a second option – they could’ve done something special.”

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Im still mad about this shyt 16 years later. The delusion :dahell: fukk billy knight

“At that time, if you came in as the first or second pick in the draft, they used to build the whole team around you,” Williams recalled. “You were the guy that was going to take the franchise to the next level. When Marvin went to Atlanta, that wasn’t the case.

“Everything was built around Joe Johnson, the owner was captivated with him,” Williams Sr. continued. “That general manager at the time [Billy Knight] was so far ahead of his time that people didn’t even realize what he was doing until now.

“[Knight] kept picking forwards and everyone was asking why, but they were some versatile forwards. And then with [Mike Woodson], I think he felt like Marvin was coddled at Carolina, which he wasn’t. He’s always worked hard. But Woody never gave him credit for his work ethic. Had Woody done a better job – and as a black coach, he was more concerned about keeping his job instead of developing Marvin as a second option – they could’ve done something special.”

:russ:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:hhh:

U being serious?

yeah, I mean even with all the fukkery that went down in the playoffs I still believe in Ben. And don’t get it twisted…the boy is still better than most PFs out there, EASILY. It only takes one season of him hitting shots for the world to be back on his bandwagon. People said adults was a lost cause and we see how that played out in Orlando.

Last edited:

FutureGOAT

Josh Smith Stan
Daps
Reppin
Josh smith and Stacey Abrams stan

Marvin, Shelden, then Acie Law in 3 consecutive drafts :picard::hhh:

Thank god for handsome horford so it wasn't a complete draft failure.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Marvin, Shelden, then Acie Law in 3 consecutive drafts :picard::hhh:

Thank god for handsome horford so it wasn't a complete draft failure.

I still got my AJC Sports Section from when we drafted Shelden. I don't even know why I kept that :mjlol:

I would be interested in hearing a Billy Knight interview all these years later. Mans drafted SF/PFs in 3 straight drafts

deeman

All Star
Daps
Would you bruhs entertain a John Collins for Ben Simmons swap if we couldn’t resign John?

I would even with his bad post season I think Simmons stock is still a lil higher than Collins around the league. Only thing is Clint and Simmons would be unplayable together down the stretch.