Bombs over Bog'Don! The Official 20-2021 Atlanta Hawks Thread #RIPCHAR #WeMove

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Collins is great but this offense is nothing without Trae, Bogi can create for himself when healthy but he’s not and he’s not going to be till next year, Huerter every now and again can explode for a big night but he’s not consistent.

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
This is the Hawks best shot at the championship. There are no guarantees. A lot of so called fans in here writing the team off and blaming injuries and shyt lmao

Last edited:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
This is the Hawks beat shot at the championship. There are no guarantees. A lot of so called fans in here writing the team off and blaming injuries and shyt lmao
This really could be our best shot. Nothing is guaranteed. We can’t play it safe. Remember when the 2012 Thunder had next? Even tho the lost to Miami everyone was like “oh they’re coming. Just wait” and those dudes never made it out the west again. I know we aren’t healthy but we got bodies that we can still throw out there

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
Offensively he’s not playable as a starting 4 in the league if he has no range outside of 5 ft. His game is a center, he’s not a starting 4 unless he changes his game up but I like him as a 5 and naturally he plays that way

If JC leaves Hunter becomes your starting 4

He’ll develop his offensive game. I think he’ll be a very good finisher and at his size 6’8/6’9, he’ll need to develop a jumper to stay in the league long term.

Hunter is a perimeter player, he’s a lesser Kawhi to me. Putting him against KAT, AD those types will just break his body down even more than it already is. He is definitely a small ball 4 when you need that lineup tho.

Last edited:

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
He’ll develop his offensive game. I think he’ll be a very good finisher and at his size 6’8/6’9, he’ll need to develop a jumper to stay in the league long term.

Hunter is a perimeter player, he’s a lesser Kawhi to me. Putting him against KAT, AD those types will just break his body down even more than it already is. He is definitely a small ball 4 when you need that lineup tho.
There aren't many real traditional 4s anymore. Crowder plays the 4 for phx, Tobias is the 4 for philly, randle in NY, tatum in Boston. Hunter would be great at the 4 considering most teams just use a huge sf

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
There aren't many real traditional 4s anymore. Crowder plays the 4 for phx, Tobias is the 4 for philly, randle in NY, tatum in Boston. Hunter would be great at the 4 considering most teams just use a huge sf

Yea I understand he could definitely make a good small ball 4 but it’s definitely matchup based. Hunter at 4 is good rebounder but you lose punch down low with him plus his greatest defensive skill is as on-ball perimeter defender.

I’ll always prefer size in a 4 because a 4 to me should be a good rebounder and low post defender first.

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yea I understand he could definitely make a good small ball 4 but it’s definitely matchup based. Hunter at 4 is good rebounder but you lose punch down low with him plus his greatest defensive skill is as on-ball perimeter defender.

I’ll always prefer size in a 4 because a 4 to me should be a good rebounder and low post defender first.
Name other power forwards that would over power him in the post outside of AD. The league is moving to small 4s. Collins can't attack the close out at the 3pt line. He is clumsy in the post. Hunter there would raise our ceiling

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
Name other power forwards that would over power him in the post outside of AD. The league is moving to small 4s. Collins can't attack the close out at the 3pt line. He is clumsy in the post. Hunter there would raise our ceiling

Hunter can guard most 4s in spurts but
I personally wouldn’t want him banging down low :dame:with these dudes.

Giannis
KAT
Julius Randle
Zion
Sabonis

I don’t see him as a 4 from a defense and rebounding standpoint. JC has gotten us double digit rebounds throughout the playoffs. Hunter won’t get you that. I may just be old school in that thinking but size still matters in the post to me and when a team doesn’t have it, it’s glaring game to game.

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Hunter can guard most 4s in spurts but
I personally wouldn’t want him banging down low :dame:with these dudes.

Giannis
KAT
Julius Randle
Zion
Sabonis

I don’t see him as a 4 from a defense and rebounding standpoint. JC has gotten us double digit rebounds throughout the playoffs. Hunter won’t get you that. I may just be old school in that thinking but size still matters in the post to me and when a team doesn’t have it, it’s glaring game to game.
Well if phx wins with crowder there or clippers do with Morris, it'll show that that philosophy is outdated. All those other guys were neutralized in the playoffs. For example, hunter locked up randle, while Collins got in foul trouble

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
Well if phx wins with crowder there or clippers do with Morris, it'll show that that philosophy is outdated. All those other guys were neutralized in the playoffs. For example, hunter locked up randle, while Collins got in foul trouble

Though Morris can shoot, I’d put him more in the classic 4 category as a player but yea it’s situational for sure and success can be had either way. The Lakers dominated the paint in the bubble and teams had no answer for that.

If I’m Nate, I wouldn’t want to pencil Hunter as my 4 for a whole season.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

Like @Sly Cookin said you’re seeing teams move away from the traditional plodding PF. Today’s PF has to be quick enough to close out on the perimeter but also with enough weight to bang in the post. I think it would be a bad decision if JC leaves and the answer is OO. You lose a lot of scoring and spacing on offense with that front court of Hunter/OO/Cap. We’d be easier to scheme as well

IMO OO is the future at the 5…if he develops a jump shot great but that’s not where I see the most growth in his game. I see him as a rim runner/lob threat who can bang with bigger 4’s and 5’s but his long term position isn’t at 4

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Like @Sly Cookin said you’re seeing teams move away from the traditional plodding PF. Today’s PF has to be quick enough to close out on the perimeter but also with enough weight to bang in the post. I think it would be a bad decision if JC leaves and the answer is OO. You lose a lot of scoring and spacing on offense with that front court of Hunter/OO/Cap. We’d be easier to scheme as well

IMO OO is the future at the 5…if he develops a jump shot great but that’s not where I see the most growth in his game. I see him as a rim runner/lob threat who can bang with bigger 4’s and 5’s but his long term position isn’t at 4
I see onyeka as a 5, only way it could be possible long term for him to play the 4 is if we got a starting center who is a sniper and that's just not realistic

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
At 6’8 I don’t see OO starting long term at the 5 in the NBA.

I believe he can develop offensively similar to the Morris twins and become a viable 4 down the line.