Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Drones

Visions of $
Daps
Im extremely new to this

New as in saw this thread and was like i should learn about this :dead:

Is there anything I can use to make a mock/practice portfolio? I know some sites allow it but I want the best possible one
There's a simulator on the Coli that you can use.

I used it to 'buy' Amazon stock back in 2015 when it was $482. Now it's at $944 and I look at it every once in a while to remind myself to pay attention to this shyt, lol.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Got in @ .48

I should have waited...It's @ .44 now...Gotta learn to be more patient on these dips.

It should raise. But id cash out after like 30 cents up. My sito stock went up 75 cents and my INPX went up $1.25 :whew:

And they say to stay away from penny stocks :heh:

Last edited:

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
Back Like I Never Left :mjgrin:- catching up on the thread and here are some thoughts.

ACHN - piece of dog shyt. Earnings this week will be another disappointment and the stock will drop. If it dips into the mid to high 2's that is a good opportunity to get in.

SQ - love this company. I don't get why Dorsey is selling shares of this company to buy more stock in Twitter. Interesting things happening at TWTR but we need to start seeing results instead of PR related agreements and deals.

TWTR - rollercoaster at the moment. If you can rinse and repeat when the timing is right you can make a few bucks.

SHOP - another company that is going to only get bigger. Long Term call options are a great play here I see this hitting 100.00 by the end of the year.

I am currently trying to find my next short but have not had much time to research. As always I will share with my coli folks whatever it is I decide to go with.

Happy Trading:myman:
I think Shopify should buy Square.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I think Shopify should buy Square.

SQ dipped a bit. Waiting for another slight dip before i buy in. Definitely need to get into long term with SHOP though. Everyone getting in on that.

Id also advise to invest into SITO and INPX. Both have potential to increase $3 more by weeks end.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Just bought 100 shares of COACH (COH) @ 45.10
They acquired Kate Spade. Analyst raise target price to $57

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Question: what resources do y'all use to research what to invest in?

If you have a TD Ameritrade account, they do alot of analysis for you already. Ratios, charts, breaking news etc.
Yaho Finance is cool too
Insidermonkey.com to know about potential mergers and acquisitions.
But you should take a Finance class to at least know what these stuff mean

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I'm totally new to trading, other than making adjustments to my company 401k. Where do I start?
best set up for charts and interface is Ameritrade. U can open an account and then use the phone app Robin Hood to do the trades with because they dont charge any fees to sell. Ameritrade is best for long term stock.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
best set up for charts and interface is Ameritrade. U can open an account and then use the phone app Robin Hood to do the trades with because they dont charge any fees to sell. Ameritrade is best for long term stock.

I'll definitely look into TD :bpthink:

I opened a brokerage acct. with my current 401(k) holder (Fidelity), but I haven't funded it yet. Wanted to see other options before I went all in with them.
I figured it would be easier from a management perspective to have all my investments in one place, but I could very well be wrong :kanyebp:

Anybody have experience with Fidelity's brokerage services?

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Don't use any.. Invest in shyt you like/use first..
My first investments were
Activision Blizzard
Electronic Arts
Microsoft
Facebook
Apple
Wing stop

Only shyt I know..

worse advice u can give someone.

One of the basic rules is to not invest into something u like or use based off just that. Just because u like it or use it doesnt mean the market makes it more valuable.,