Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits

I'm blown away at the amount of housing and commercial property lenders there are. That being said, these delinquencies going up in the article sound like big bank problems, and they're the ones bytching about having to carry too much capital.

I don't post nearly as much as I used to, but I hate this thread being in here. Who's idea was this?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm blown away at the amount of housing and commercial property lenders there are. That being said, these delinquencies going up in the article sound like big bank problems, and they're the ones bytching about having to carry too much capital.

I don't post nearly as much as I used to, but I hate this thread being in here. Who's idea was this?

Yeah. Banks seems to be freaking out about lending again across the board.

Idk, I think should it stay in hl though. @DEAD7 @tru_m.a.c

Forums been kinda roughly late with the election and bs.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Yeah. Banks seems to be freaking out about lending again across the board.

Idk, I think should it stay in hl though. @DEAD7 @tru_m.a.c

Forums been kinda roughly late with the election and bs.

Might as well call HL what it should be: Politics.... if we're going to split it up like this.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Question to my stock market people:

Could delinquent student debt become the new mortgage crisis of 2008 within a few years?
I don't see how student loan debt doesn't become that same crisis (larger, really), and pretty damn soon.

If not, it'll just be because the powers that be essentially keep pushing it back; eventually, that bubble HAS to burst.

These lawsuits against Navient are just going to accelerate shyt.

The big difference though is the fact you HAVE to pay your student loan debts back, but with so many defaults happening, some shyt has to go down.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I just don't see how...as unlike other debt (including mortgage) there's no true way out of it i.e, bankruptcy.

I guess my bigger question is, what will happen when people default on the loans? With mortgages, you filed bankruptcy and the home was foreclosed. But with student debt you can't do that. I ask this because there is a bubble and its gonna burst sooner or later. What will happen when it bursts?

Last edited:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I guess my bigger question is, what will happen when u people default on the loans? With mortgages, you filed bankruptcy and the home was foreclosed. But with student debt you can't do that. I ask this because there is a bubble and its gonna burst sooner or later. What will happen when it bursts?

Well First I think you'd have to have a significant number of payers going delinquent. Which I don't foresee happening unless shyt really hits the fan.

But, for the sake of discussion - here is a solution;

Government will probably come in and "front" banks the value of all delinquent loans. Banks will have to pay the government back over the course of 5-8 years with a low, single-digit interest rate attached. Oh, and those with delinquent loans will still be on the hook to pay it off

Basically TARP 2.

Oh, and what do you mean by "u people"?:stopitslime::mjpls:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Well First I think you'd have to have a significant number of payers going delinquent. Which I don't foresee happening unless shyt really hits the fan.

But, for the sake of discussion - here is a solution;

Government will probably come in and "front" banks the value of all delinquent loans. Banks will have to pay the government back over the course of 5-8 years with a low, single-digit interest rate attached. Oh, and those with delinquent loans will still be on the hook to pay it off

Basically TARP 2.

Oh, and what do you mean by "u people"?:stopitslime::mjpls:

Lol my bad man, typo meant to just read when "people"