Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
:laugh:
https://www.google.ca/finance/option_chain?q=NYSE:JCP&ei=-UVHUoDkMse9rQGQfg

look at that option chain brehs. I had a feeling itd be crazy like that. Crazy call volume. It might be a good idea to get some calls in the short term or maybe even try a straddle with the 9 strike

i've been watching this stock for awhile now. i think there is definite upside. what do you guys thinks?

edit: and this is coming from someone who hates these speculative plays but for some reason i want to take a position.

Last edited:

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Let it be noted that I guranteed a green closing on 8/20 and you could have had a return up to 6%. If you think jcp is going to hit single digits your out your fuccing mind(excuse my language) Ullman knows what he needs to do. I'm already playin with ho

:yeshrug: Not to rub it in but just another example of anything can happen in the market.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Its cool. Everyone learns the market the hard way. I finally couldn't take the pain of my ARNA losses anymore and finally dumped them for a huge loss. Put too many eggs in the same basket and got burned. Learned a lesson here but now I have to grind real hard and recoup some massive losses.

:sadcam:

Anyone buying on this dip caused by this fukking government shutdown?

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
Its cool. Everyone learns the market the hard way. I finally couldn't take the pain of my ARNA losses anymore and finally dumped them for a huge loss. Put too many eggs in the same basket and got burned. Learned a lesson here but now I have to grind real hard and recoup some massive losses.
Oh I haven't learned a lesson. I bought more at 8.75. This is going back up!

selam

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One advice I would give to beginning traders is to know your why at all times.

Before opening a position, write down your expectations. What do you believe will happen...How long do you think it will take for it to happen...What is your exit strategy if the stock does what you expect...What is your exit strategy if the stock doesn't do what you expected...

Going into a position with a game plan will make your life a lot easier... I am saying this from experience... When I started out, what I found when I would look back at my trades for the year was that I would make a lot of good trades, but my top two or three losing trades would account for a large portion of my losses for the year. If you can find a way to cut your losses as early as possible, you will be a lot better off in the long run. Having a strategy and sticking to it helps with this because it minimizes the effect that our ego has on the trades we make. As human beings we have a natural tendency to want to be right...This might be okay in other areas of our lives, but the stock market punishes us for it.

The Disciplined Trader: Developing Winning Attitudes by Mark Douglas
...One of the most important books in my progress... Check it out if you can.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Carl Icahn pushes for $150bn Apple share buyback
_69271012_apple.logo.stripes.jpg
Apple said earlier this year that it will return $100bn to its investors
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories
Billionaire investor Carl Icahn has made another push for Apple to buy back its stock, saying the move will help boost the value of Apple's shares.

Mr Icahn, who has built up a big stake in Apple, urged the firm to embark on a $150bn (£92.5bn) share buyback.

His suggestion comes as Apple's shares have been hurt by concerns over growth - down 30% since hitting a record of $702 in September 2012.

Apple has said it will return $100bn to shareholders by the end of 2015.

The firm said in April this year that it would do so by raising dividends and buying back shares. However, at a dinner with chief executive Tim Cook, Mr Icahn urged the company to undertake a much bigger buyback.

"Had a cordial dinner with Tim last night. We pushed hard for a 150 billion buyback. We decided to continue dialogue in about three weeks," Mr Icahn tweeted.

Apple's shares rose 2.4% on Tuesday after Mr Icahn's remarks.

Earlier this year, the Reuters news agency quoted Mr Icahn as saying that Apple had the ability to undertake a $150bn buyback "by borrowing funds at 3%".

"If Apple does this now and earnings increase at only 10%, the stock - even keeping the same multiple currently - should trade at $700 a share," he was quoted as saying at the time.

Apple has a cash pile of nearly $145bn, but a large amount of that is held offshore.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24361128

thoughts?

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Sohh I should put 100k into apple and sell when the stock hits 3500

:troll:

I mean like the guy said the stock is undervalued. The problem with apple is the amount of non-institutional investors that own it. It has a bunch of retail investors (regular people) that own the stock and they get skittish the moment it falls and sell en masse.