Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Rumors coming out that it has a medical device that can compete with Intuitive Surgical's Da Vinci system and it was going to get approval from the FDA on the device soon. Then rumors started floating about Johnson & Johnson buying them. I still don't know the timing on this FDA decision though.

I like these biotech/ pharma names because of the huge moves they can make on FDA approvals or rejections of new drugs, systems, etc.

Very risky though. You get an FDA rejection of a drug you're looking at 50%+ downside. With approvals you can see the stock double or triple.

The better strategy is to probably straddle the stock with options to cut down on the risk.

A lot of these companies fail. This guy Martin Shkreli who's in the news made his name shorting these types of companies because so many fail.
Yeah biotechs are pretty much make or break.:whew: So much risk :lupe:but so much potential reward.:ahh: One failed drug trial or FDA rejection and it's over :mjcry:

Speaking of Martin Skhreli, he is the perfect example of this. Before he took over Kalobios, the stock was about 90 cents. He takes over and it jumps to a high of $45. :wow:Then after he gets arrested, it plummets to I think about $2 now and has declared bankruptcy :sadcam:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Buy the rumor, sell the news

i'd sell that shyt before the weekend....i done seen a lot of shyt

Yeah it was certainly looking like a pump and dump a couple days ago. Like I said previously ill probably sell before the end of the day. The only thing about it is it has been bullet proof to the down days in the market.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Yeah biotechs are pretty much make or break.:whew: So much risk :lupe:but so much potential reward.:ahh: One failed drug trial or FDA rejection and it's over :mjcry:

Speaking of Martin Skhreli, he is the perfect example of this. Before he took over Kalobios, the stock was about 90 cents. He takes over and it jumps to a high of $45. :wow:Then after he gets arrested, it plummets to I think about $2 now and has declared bankruptcy :sadcam:

Part of what he did was buy 70% (I may be wrong on that number but it was over 50) of the float in KBIO then wouldn't let anyone borrow the shares to short. Massive short squeeze followed.

Word is he lost $40MM on KBIO after the arrest.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
:wow: Tesla in the $150 range.
shoutout to whoever bought at 280:scust:
Honestly I've been staying away a lot. I mentioned in here in December that when the Fed hiked I was moving a lot of cash to the sidelines and I have. Still have a decent amount locked up into boring Vanguard funds though.
Im just waiting as well:myman: