Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ugly out here. Days like this makes me want to smack my financial advisor :scust:

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
:russ: With what? If you're new to investing the best thing to do would be to hit up investopedia and Reddits investing forum and whatever books you can find as well.

Besides, the market is shytty right now, so it's best to avoid anyway unless you invest in some solid dividend type stocks.
Link me to the resources. When will the market be back on its feet? :lupe:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Link me to the resources. When will the market be back on its feet? :lupe:
Investopedia - Educating the world about finance

This thread is long but I also recommend reading some of the earlier post in this thread.

It's best to do your own research and DD (due diligence)

It's ok to take advice every once and a while but make the wrong move and you'll have the :mjcry: face.

As for when the market will turn around?? Who knows. With oil steady declining and China not doing so hot, it could be a good minute.

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Investopedia - Educating the world about finance

This thread is long but I also recommend reading some of the earlier post in this thread.

It's best to do your own research and DD (due diligence)

It's ok to take advice every once and a while but make the wrong move and you'll have the :mjcry: face.

As for when the market will turn around?? Who knows. With oil steady declining and China not doing so hot, it could be a good minute.
:damn:

Thanks for the help breh.

I'm going to start studyin

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Not too concerned with a few bucks commissions on trades really, if the service is worth it, but I'll check them out. What's your thoughts on Scottrade? I'm looking more for buy and hold stocks instead of quick trades.
I use Scottrade and have never had any issues with it. Cant really say I have much experience with other online brokers.

I would keep an eye on the market right now and probably wait a month or two to put money to work. Or at least until you think this is bottoming out.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Are there any free data platforms I can see historical P/E on

YCharts wont let me see them beyond a year.... not really trying to pay for this info

Trying to see what happened with them during 08-09

I know Morningstar would most likely have this but it'd be something you'd have to pay for. Nothing that helps you.

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
Don't.

If you're new to this don't go try and catching falling knifes.

I appreciate you trying to keep me from getting in trouble, but I am not looking to flip money short term, so I think it is relatively safe to invest some money into companies like Amazon, FB, Apple, etc cause I got some extra cash laying around.

I am looking for long term investment in blue chip co's and not trying to day trade, which I am assuming is the catch falling knives reference you make?