Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
My question is you've seen the trends and it's not good. Why put your trust in a market you can't predict? It's going to get much worse. They are just delaying the inevitable when they make cuts and do whatever they do to try and save this faulty system. I've watched the company I work for hit probably an all time high in the last almost 2 years I've worked for them. Now it's been steadily going the other way for the past year....

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I appreciate you trying to keep me from getting in trouble, but I am not looking to flip money short term, so I think it is relatively safe to invest some money into companies like Amazon, FB, Apple, etc cause I got some extra cash laying around.

I am looking for long term investment in blue chip co's and not trying to day trade, which I am assuming is the catch falling knives reference you make?
You're better off missing a nice rally here than investing now, losing 10% in a week and spending a year getting back to even breh. There's no reason to be impatient, especially in a market like this.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
You're better off missing a nice rally here than investing now, losing 10% in a week and spending a year getting back to even breh. There's no reason to be impatient, especially in a market like this.

Yes. If these are your savings you don't want to risk panicking when you're down big and cashing out.

Smart money is in cash in right now.

and bitcoins

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I know in the past people had to do their own cost basis for their taxes. But now brokerages are required to report the cost basis. Do you all still do you own cost basis anyway?

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Wouldn't the brokerage's cost basis match yours (assuming they're adding in their fees)?
I thought they made brokerages start reporting cost basis because people were making mistakes with their tax returns...in an effort to make things easier.

I'm just curious if anyone keeps track of their own or just let the brokerage send it to you at tax time and take their word for it.