Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
“From my perspective, at this moment, the decision to begin the normalization process at the September FOMC meeting seems less compelling to me than it was a few weeks ago,” Dudley told a news conference at the New York Fed.

these central bankers can't keep their mouths shut :banderas:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
One day of insane selling into close followed by a day of sharp buying into close. Might as well just flip a coin and go in on calls/puts tomorrow.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Brehs what are your holding periods? Any of you sit in front of charts all day?

I usually hold a few months unless something turns against me badly... I like to buy stocks that have been beaten down and are trading at or below book value. If I think they could go bankrupt, buy calls and puts, so there's a lot of upside, but I still make money if it goes to 0. I use the technicals (RSI + Bollinger + MACD + Stochastics) as pretty reliable indicators over a stretch of time... selling the calls when overbought, unless I think there's more upside and vice versa with puts. If there's more upside and it's overbought, hopefully sell half my position to cover the cost of all contracts and let the rest ride out as profit.

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I usually hold a few months unless something turns against me badly... I like to buy stocks that have been beaten down and are trading at or below book value. If I think they could go bankrupt, buy calls and puts, so there's a lot of upside, but I still make money if it goes to 0. I use the technicals (RSI + Bollinger + MACD + Stochastics) as pretty reliable indicators over a stretch of time... selling the calls when overbought, unless I think there's more upside and vice versa with puts. If there's more upside and it's overbought, hopefully sell half my position to cover the cost of all contracts and let the rest ride out as profit.
what do you think of CVX right now?