Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
that volatility though

20150824_VVIX_0.jpg

If you played that volatility maybe you could earn back some of your Bitcoin losses :francis:

:martin:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got a call form my adviser before the market closed. Just put 4k in my equity funds. We gonna piecemeal this shyt. Got to be in it to win it:martin:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Haven't looked at them in general. Have you been following them for a while? Are they still paying their debts and are not in any danger for filing for bankruptcy or some type of default? Find some recent news about them before investing with them.
The recent steep drop in oil prices may lead to some oil companies going out of business within a few weeks, according to Amrita Sen, Senior Oil Analyst at Energy Aspects. Sen explained that low oil prices could reduce companies' borrowing lines of credit from banks, which come up for renewal on October 1. 'The banks will look back at the last twelve months of WTI prices, which on average has been about $45 a barrel if not lower,' explained Sen. 'And suddenly the amount of money available to these U.S. producers to borrow is half, less than half in some cases, compared to a year ago. That makes it very, very difficult for them to continue investing, continue drilling.' Sen said if prices stay at current levels or drop further, she expects some companies will be forced to file for bankruptcy as early as October. When asked about possible bankruptcy candidates, Sen pointed out that Linn Energy (LINE) and Energy XXI (EXXI) have already exhausted more than 75% of the credit available to them, and they are in a 'more tricky position' than some of the bigger companies.
:ehh:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I know we touched on this before, but is there any way I can find out which institutions are on the other side of the crude hedges that most producers have in place right now? The losses must be piling up right now and Id like to avoid any possible exposure.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a sports bettor by trade so the stock market is a bit new to me, but isn't now a good time to double-down and buyback on the losses? My Under Armour got bodied :wow:

I haven't done a goddamn thing. Don't wanna sell everything.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I'm a sports bettor by trade so the stock market is a bit new to me, but isn't now a good time to double-down and buyback on the losses? My Under Armour got bodied :wow:

I haven't done a goddamn thing. Don't wanna sell everything.
You could...but there's no indication that today will be a one off and not the beginning of something deeper

It's the end of August already and the Fed will announce the interest rate hike (or lack thereof more than likely...) in September. Just gotta be patient and ride this out.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You could...but there's no indication that today will be a one off and not the beginning of something deeper

It's the end of August already and the Fed will announce the interest rate hike (or lack thereof more than likely...) in September. Just gotta be patient and ride this out.

Would it be retarded to hedge and sell off half or if I'm in this far, I might as well man up?

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Other than fakkit ass Robinhood, what's a good low-fee brokerage account that you guys would reccomend. Keep in mind I'm a bytchboy compared to some of you. At most I'll be messing around with $1000-3k

Daps
Reppin
Def Jam Empire
:whew: Just heard the news.:whew: White house actually holding a press conference about it. I been outta the general stock market game for a while. Only holding on to one stock atm, a small biotech that's been killing me. Hoping for a buyout or recovery sometime next year.

What did they say?