Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

无名的

Superstar
Daps
@Shugg Ross

Two things you should know... EPE options are not very liquid and EPE is rarely moved by earnings. EPE has a pile of debt and has reported good earnings for the past few quarters, but there's never a breakout probably due to that debt. For the 1.5 years I've been watching, it's closely tied to WTI. If WTI is up 3% expect a 10% increase and vice versa. If you're betting on EPE, you're betting on it as a proxy to WTI.

Let me talk you through buying some options before you do it because if you make the wrong choice, you have a good chance of losing, perhaps everything. I can take a look at the chart I've made for EPE and try to tell you if you buy a certain strike price, where you're anticipating WTI to be as well.

If you're bullish on oil, I might buy out of the money calls that expire in November or February. Probably $12.50... maybe even a $15 strike. $17.50 is probably pushing it. Short term bets are dangerous.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Valuation isn't all that attractive given their balance sheet issues.

You just have to wonder when these companies start dropping like flies with sustained downturn in oil prices. Hedging futures contracts is the only thing saving some of these companies and that can't last forever.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You just have to wonder when these companies start dropping like flies with sustained downturn in oil prices. Hedging futures contracts is the only thing saving some of these companies and that can't last forever.
How many of these producers could realistically be effectively hedged deep into the year? Every time I read about a different company, a point is made that they are almost fully hedged through the rest of this year at like $85-$95 a barrel. If that's not bs, whoever is on the other end of those trades must be:mjcry:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Opened a position in Michael Kors options

2017 January Calls...

$47.50 strike

Paid about $4.50 for both contracts :yeshrug:

In essence if this shyt can go back up to $60 even by then I will triple up. Yea....its almost 50% but this shyt is extremely undervalued. Company is still growing, expectations are extremely low and the P/E is high. Great cash balance and book value too...i wonder if they'll offer dividends at all eventually

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) Stock Is Falling: Five Reasons UBS Says It’s Time To Sell
By Angelo Young @angeloyoung_ a.young@ibtimes.com on July 21 2015 12:30 PM EDT
gettyimages-465208880.jpg

Visitors walk to the booth of U.S. electric carmaker Tesla Motors, during the Geneva Car Show on March 4, 2015. Tesla Motors shares plummeted Tuesday after UBS recommended that investors sell the company’s stock. Fabrice Coffrini/AFP/Getty Images
Tesla Motors Inc. (Nasdaq:TSLA) shares hit their second-highest price on record this week, but a prominent Wall Street analyst says it's now time to sell. The research unit of the Swiss bank UBS is casting doubt on the Model S luxury electric carmaker's ability to meet its 2015 sales targets for cars and electricity-storage units.

“We expect both storage and auto volume growth to disappoint,” UBS' Colin Langan, wrote in a research note released early Tuesday. The equities analyst downgraded the stock's rating from Neutral to Sell and lowered its 12-month price target from $220 to $210 per share.

Tesla's shares fell 4.72 percent to $268.95 after the downgrade.

The news came days after CEO Elon Musk introduced new Model S options and said the upcoming Model X crossover SUV was “on track” to start delivering the vehicles to pre-order customers in September. Tesla shares hit an all-time high of $286.04 on Sept. 4, 2014, when the company announced the location of its “gigafactory” battery plant near Reno, Nevada.

Earlier this year, Tesla unveiled its Powerwall and Powerpack energy storage systems for home, business, utility and off-grid purposes. The Nevada gigafactory is being constructed to produce 35 gigawatt hours (GWh) of battery storage capacity, including 15 GWh for energy storage. (One GWh is a standard energy measurement that represents 1 million kilowatt hours; a high-end Model S uses a 90 kWh battery pack.) UBS estimates that Tesla would need to capture 75 percent of the energy storage market in 2020 to utilize its planned storage capacity.

Here are five takeaways from UBS’s bearish note on Tesla’s prospects.

* Tesla would need to grow its luxury car market share from 0.6 percent today to 8.5 percent by 2020, making it six times larger than Porsche, twice as large as Lexus and just behind Audi and BMW in terms of annual sales. “These automakers will not cede share easily,” says the note.

* UBS’s best-case scenario, based on the company's projected future sales and profit margins, suggests the company's 12-month stock price should be $300, or roughly $31 less than the current stock price. The downside scenario, where future sales and profit margins are less than expected, would put the company's 12-month price at $48 a share, way under its current price.

* The company’s current stock price assumes it will be selling 1.5 million cars and using all of its battery production capacity annually by 2025. UBS believes this is “unlikely.”

* To sell 1.5 million cars by 2025 “would require adding two more assembly plants and probably two more gigafactories” at a cost of $6 billion to $9 billion.

* Early orders for Tesla’s Powerwall and Powerpack energy storage units are misleading. “Customers did not put down deposits, so these are just solicitations of interest,” says the report. Early adopters will drive up initial orders, but making a leap to the mass market will be a big challenge.

I agree that the firm is overvalued. I however feel that the error of UBS is valuing this company as an Automotive company rather than a tech stock. So meh...I still wouldnt bother shorting this. It's like valuing Amazon the same way you value Walmart....the market will punish you for doing such a thing.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits