Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Sucks that most of the Chinese stocks moved up so quick that the volatility made the options too pricy... knew there was a good short opportunity, but didn't have the balls to go short with expensive puts... can't predict 20% drops in a day out of nowhere

:skip:

On another note @franknitty711

If you aren't tracking EPE relative to USO, you should be... I haven't checked it in awhile, but I imagine the selling on EPE was too much relative to downturn in oil prices.

Another one of those days where oil is down 2% and EPE is up 4%

:troll:

Fair point. I was not following USO, just the price of Oil and as its dropped so has the price on EPE. I aint trippin, plenty of time for my options and I am comfortable it will bounce back up.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I lol'ed at this one. 20% drops on the daily :francis:

He's not bullsh1tting though. The Chinese government will keep that sh1t in line. "Support the market" - read: cook the books.

Chinese stocks will recover and continue gains, sooner than later. Too much horsepower.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
He's not bullsh1tting though. The Chinese government will keep that sh1t in line. "Support the market" - read: cook the books.

Chinese stocks will recover and continue gains, sooner than later. Too much horsepower.

I wasn't sure about JD, but I think I like it.

15% ownership from Tencent is a big plus. Tencent is for real.

And I really like their partnership with Zest Finance. Zest is run by former CIO of Google and ex Capital One subprime people. They do big data for underwriters to give loans to "underbanked" people with bad or no credit history. That's a lot of China. Zest is going to help JD make credit decisions for ecommerce purchases via JD. I like that a lot.

I don't think they'll be the next Amazon because Bezos is just a god damn genius... but I think it has the potential to return big over the next 5 to 10 years.

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
I just put 10k of my 401K money into FIT. This is a great product and I see it making huge strides in the coming months.
I'm thinking about getting Fitbit too. I went to Best Buy yesterday and they was damn near out of stock with their watches. Also two older ladies were trying getting one for themselves. They are more affordable than the iWatch and do most of the same stuff. Once they start doing options, I definitely will make a play on them go up in price.

Edit: They do have options but they are so fukking expensive right now :why:.

Last edited:

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I'm thinking about getting Fitbit too. I went to Best Buy yesterday and they was damn near out of stock with their watches. Also two older ladies were trying getting one for themselves. They are more affordable than the iWatch and do most of the same stuff. Once they start doing options, I definitely will make a play on them go up in price.

Edit: They do have options but they are so fukking expensive right now :why:.

Yea super expensive. I looked at that too and since I am more flexible with buying stocks in my 401k i decided to go that route.

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Fitbit is just getting started. I am seeing all kinds of folks at the office getting these. Its a better product than the Iwatch at this point, so may as well watch this stock double in the coming months.

:shaq:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bought $900 worth of penny stock
shaqtheme-gif.5589

Yea thats what I was going to tell her, ETF large cap lol...very small amount on ETF small cap

Also told her this the right time to buy some KO stock :bayer:

haven't looked at anything else

What's in your portfolio?

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel

I think China's a great long but all of the artificial pumping has to get called out from time to time. I mean, we're talking about a nation that builds up fake/empty cities just so they can put some more assets on their balance sheet to leverage against.

Fitbit is just getting started. I am seeing all kinds of folks at the office getting these. Its a better product than the Iwatch at this point, so may as well watch this stock double in the coming months.

:shaq:

I like FitBit but I don't see them having long term success. I think iPhones or some kind of phone will implement accurate activity tracking into their platform and crush FitBit. I got one for my bday last year and wore it for about a week before I realized it was useless.

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I think China's a great long but all of the artificial pumping has to get called out from time to time. I mean, we're talking about a nation that builds up fake/empty cities just so they can put some more assets on their balance sheet to leverage against.

I like FitBit but I don't see them having long term success. I think iPhones or some kind of phone will implement accurate activity tracking into their platform and crush FitBit. I got one for my bday last year and wore it for about a week before I realized it was useless.

I have seen the more older folks (boomers) buying this so they are always behind the curve on technology. The app is basic so i rely on those metrics bro.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
I have seen the more older folks (boomers) buying this so they are always behind the curve on technology. The app is basic so i rely on those metrics bro.

I just feel like the current trend of wearable technology is going to falter sooner than later. All of their technology can be tossed into an iPhone and we can call it a day. Simplicity is key IMO and wearing 17 WiFi connected gadgets to measure your steps/breathes/calories/etc is silly and the trend will consolidate rather quickly into already established technology.