Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Might recommend my grandmaw to ask the Chase investment person to buy some Chinese ETFs in a week or 2 when all this calamity subsides ...long term type stuff..sound like a good move?

I don't want to be held responsible for steering grandma wrong...

:whoa:

If anything, I would make sure you're buying an ETF with large cap companies. China is the Wild West right now and you can't trust any smaller companies.

FXI if anything.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Bought $900 worth of penny stock
shaqtheme-gif.5589

I don't want to be held responsible for steering grandma wrong...

:whoa:

If anything, I would make sure you're buying an ETF with large cap companies. China is the Wild West right now and you can't trust any smaller companies.

FXI if anything.
Yea thats what I was going to tell her, ETF large cap lol...very small amount on ETF small cap

Also told her this the right time to buy some KO stock :bayer:

haven't looked at anything else

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
If you guys had tens of thousands laying in a checking account (don't ask) and you had 3 stocks in mind that fundamentally or technically couldn't help but be up 5 or 10 years from now, what are you buying (plz don't say AAPL or GOOG) lol

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If you guys had tens of thousands laying in a checking account (don't ask) and you had 3 stocks in mind that fundamentally or technically couldn't help but be up 5 or 10 years from now, what are you buying (plz don't say AAPL or GOOG) lol

GE
Boing
Raytheon
XOM

Alcatel Lucent
IBM
Intel

COKE
DEO

:yeshrug:

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Should have listened to myself...

http://stocktwits.com/MrKrabs

XNET down 32% since I said short
RENN down 11% since I said wait for the dump
WBAI down 30% since I said short
ETSY down 36% since I said I expect to see it in $9 to $12 range in next 6 months... posted that at $20.79 and within 2 months it hit the 12s.

:francis:

Made no money on any of those positions.

:mjlol:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's crazy. Any idea what the news is???

IMF warning the FED to leaves rates
Euro falling
Gold falling
Dollar rose
Oil rose in the early afternoon

hard to say really

Haven't heard anything positive about Greece

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
It's crazy. Any idea what the news is???

what do you think?

they're basically acting like they can get a deal done now with Greece.

Euro zone finance ministers are open to the idea of "reprofiling" some of Greece's sovereign debt: Irish FinMin

GREECE OFFL: CANT GET DEAL IN 24 HRS BUT CAN SEND SIGNAL: MNI

FRENCH OFFICIAL: BRIDGE FINANCE ONLY POSSIBLE WITH FULL PROGRAM; FRENCH OFFICIAL SAYS NEW GREEK PROGRAM COULD GO 2-3 YEARS

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Take with a grain of salt as I'm far from an expert

For a 5-10 year hold I like:

Social Media: FB - 60% of my portfolio right now and I'm up 27% since I bought Jan 2014. To me this is THE play, it will be trading 10X current PPS in a few years. People will be looking at it like NFLX and kicking themselves for not buying.

IP Patents: MARA. I also like VHC, or if you want super high risk, VRNG (Mark Cuban has shares so it will find a way towards gains IMO)

3D Printing: SSYS (other options are DDD, or on the riskier side ONVO)

Cell Phone Provider: TMUS

and a Chinese play: I like YOD, but it's a gamble. BABA is probably your best bet for low risk. Something like YOKU or DANG could fly. I'm so damn intrigued by these China stocks. I'm 99% sure we will see the sector have a parabolic run at some point in the next few years.

Again, this is just my own speculation and gut feeling. Buyer beware

Also, the most important thing is to be patient, make sure you have stop losses, and then treat it like the crock pot. "set it and forget it".