Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
Just took the CFA:myman:

The difficulty of this thing is highly overestimated. Every Chinese person in the city was there too. At least 175% of the people there were Chinese:heh:

Which level? The 2nd one is a lot tougher than the 1st. 3rd is comparable to the 1st in difficulty level.

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The Chinese will eventually destroy us from within

:francis:

175% of people I see at open houses are Chinese

Yeah and they got Cash. I recently sold a condo and had all cash offers (570-600K), all Chinese, and the money came from Banks in China. I accepted one but the buyer was hella pushy, always wanting to show up to the place unannounced and I got kids for God's sake. They pulled back from the offer due to Feng Shai concerns :comeon:

he next one I accepted was from a CAC family with normal financing in place.:manny:

What your saying is absolutely true.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Yeah and they got Cash. I recently sold a condo and had all cash offers (570-600K), all Chinese, and the money came from Banks in China. I accepted one but the buyer was hella pushy, always wanting to show up to the place unannounced and I got kids for God's sake. They pulled back from the offer due to Feng Shai concerns :comeon:

he next one I accepted was from a CAC family with normal financing in place.:manny:

What your saying is absolutely true.

I'm in LA. Everything is going well above ask and all cash from these Chinese fukkers. We can't get into a place anywhere because of these pricks.

:pacspit:

无名的

Superstar
Daps
NQ's been good to me... ever since I was a lower case g

:wow:

Who sells an uncovered 2017 option? Why, breh, why?

When your call doubles with a year and a half til expiration...

:shaq:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
@Domingo Halliburton @Asantehene So a connection I made earlier last year reached out to me about a job opportunity at his cousin's firm. He's the senior equity trader for a small European broker-dealer/private bank that specializes in European equity. It's a S&T analyst program and my interviews on Monday.

You guys think I should consider this? Theyre not particularly big (30 bn AUM) and their presence is much more heavy in Europe. There might be travel opportunities but a lot of people Ive talked to have advised me to go after jobs at only the top firms:patrice:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
sold GPRO for a heat check :whew:

hoping for a small retrace to get back in. shyt been too hot I had to back out for a second.
EBAY puts good so far.

Might be time for some spy calls

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
@Domingo Halliburton @Asantehene So a connection I made earlier last year reached out to me about a job opportunity at his cousin's firm. He's the senior equity trader for a small European broker-dealer/private bank that specializes in European equity. It's a S&T analyst program and my interviews on Monday.

You guys think I should consider this? Theyre not particularly big (30 bn AUM) and their presence is much more heavy in Europe. There might be travel opportunities but a lot of people Ive talked to have advised me to go after jobs at only the top firms:patrice:
I personally think the experience combined with the CFA you're going for would help especially if you keep networking. From what I remember if this is the field you want to be in than its better experience than your big4 position right? If the interview goes well, the environment/coworkers seem good and the money is right...why not make the jump? :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I personally think the experience combined with the CFA you're going for would help especially if you keep networking. From what I remember if this is the field you want to be in than its better experience than your big4 position right? If the interview goes well, the environment/coworkers seem good and the money is right...why not make the jump? :yeshrug:
I was shooting for research though:patrice:

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
YELP had me :ohhh: thinking if i should sell my puts at a 17 percent profit. All jokes aside they have bee pumping this shyt last week or so.

EDIT: Options investing is crazy. I was down close to 30 percent last week, today up? These swings are killing me. Perhaps too fast pace for my liking?

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I bought a small amount of Chevron today. This looked like the bottom for em so i put some cash in it :ld:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits

I don't really have anything to add other than what @Asantehene said. $30 billion in assets isn't necessarily anything to sneeze at either. Yeah it's not huge but it's not some chop shop either. Tough decision although it seems that it's not in the area you want to work in and I've been there before. You won't be happy and probably be looking for a new job in 6 mos. again anyways.