Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
How do you get started in stocks?? Imma have a couples of extra money to invest
And I just wanted to know the best way to get started??

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
How do you get started in stocks?? Imma have a few extra money to invest
And I just wanted to know the best way to get started??

Dr Dre's ProductionSkills

Hutch, yella, Mel-man, Daz, Mike Elizondo
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you don't mind me asking, which fund did you invest in. I'm looking to throw a couple dollars into something that I can just let sit.

honestly see if you know anybody that has a 401k and see what funds they are in... and just copy those... i would suggest like small or mid cap funds.. or even tech funds... index funds i think are just the broad whole snp or the russell...

imo after you save up some money then pick some comapnies (large caps) ie exxon , chevoron, walmart etc and drop so money there .. and open up a drip.. i would say do like 5k in this..

then after youve set a really good base of large caps /index funds... then you can start imo speculating or playing the market with individual stocks.. like a facebook or stuff like that.. but as ive said only after youve created a base to be able to sleep at night...

its a slow crawl... u gotta think of it like that.. slowly but surley...

im an older cat but the biggest mistake in my life was not investing slowly but surley when i was younger.. even sometihg stupid like 50 bucks a month... in a company like exxon or chevoron... or better yet an index fund... now it would be paying major divdiends...

but my dumb azz when i started trading a few years back i started with all the faz fas srs 2 or 3 x vehiclies acting as if i was some crazy day trader.. but i knew nohting.. and got my azz handed to me...

boring but consistant will always win out...

also imo always have dry powder... always.. have cash or build up a reserve.. obviously for emergiencies but more importantly for drops in the market.. you have to have balls of steel in this market and realize that THERE ARE RICHER WHITER AND MORE POWERFUL PPL in this game that only want to see the market go up... so when drops havppen like in 2008 you have to have cash to double down on GOLD STATUS TYPE STOCKS like index funds or exxons /chevorons /walmarts of the stock market...

this thing ebbs and flows...

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
alright it's high speculation time. INO has had a huge run and may get bought out by Merck. small cap pharma, extremely volatile, backed by bill and melinda gates. may have missed out on the run but they have some strong results from their research with cancer vaccine. now that i just said all this does not mean I'm taking a position.