Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Daps
:mjlol:Tried to tell yaw! FORD was a lick if you got in under 10.00.

:mjlol:The thing people have to realize is, LEAPS are for COVERAGE, you don't HAVE to hold them for months. You can sell them anytime you want just like any options. Don't let greed get in the way of a great play. I remember homie said 'you will only get x amount' if it reaches 11.00 by the end of the leap. But guess what, it's at 11.00 ALREADY so you get extra money for it hitting that mark MONTHS IN ADVANCE. DON'T SLEEP.
Yep. I'm up 87% on a January call. I was about to close out today but then Jerome started talking rate cuts so I'ma let it run for another week to see what happens. Rep on otw:salute:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Yep. I'm up 87% on a January call. I was about to close out today but then Jerome started talking rate cuts so I'ma let it run for another week to see what happens. Rep on otw:salute:
:mjlol: Glad to see others are eating off this play. People seem to believe you have to 100x every play, it's not realistic. Ask anyone with real bread in their portfolio, they would LOVE to 2x, even if it took until January to do it.

:mjlol:Back to FORD: You're going to have to decide if you want to hold it past 13.00, that's the danger zone for FORD. It usually drops around there. I can personally tell you the highest FORD has gone in 5 years is around 25.00 a share and then it tanked. The highest its gone in the last year is around 15.00 a share. 13 dollars is where it usually drops back down. FORD regularly trades between 11-13 a share. Just thought I'd feel you in. However, I feel like news concerning Ford is getting stronger every week, and I truly believe FORD will be in the 20-100 range in the next 5 years.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Walgreens has negative free cash flow and pays a dividend. They are going to have to cut that dividend and when they do it's gonna take a hit on the share price.

Im not a long term investor. But i remember when i tried buying and holding and took a L a year or so ago:mjcry:

But theyve been talking about the dividend needing to be cut even back then. So at some point is that not already priced in? Seems like the stocks already been in free fall partially due to that expectation. So if they are cutting a dividend for the sake of investing in growth and future profitiablity, couldnt that news be considered bullish by now? Dont want to be in it when it happens to find out though:sadcam:

Hate i sold out of so many shares of CLPT. Sold way too early,i was in at 6 and it went to $12:francis:

Guess i gotta stop beating myself up when i leave so much on the table. Ive given back way more profits holding too long, than ive had these homerun type of plays

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
bought some for a short term swing. just a small position. :salute:

$RKLB Swing Entry: $6.97 risking $5.97, targeting a range of $9.00 to $10+.

My reasons:

Relatively high short interest at 17%.
Just broke structure off the bottoms.
Former Lockheed Martin CFO has joined the Rocket Lab Board of Directors.
Rocket Lab’s CEO emphasizes their unique position to challenge SpaceX’s dominance.
Only negative IMO is that its on Wall Street Bets radar. I rather stocks grow organically vs the pump and dump crowd. What Im looking for next is the hot fire videos and the next M&A target.

Wallops is still months away from any significant structures being complete.

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
:mjlol:Tried to tell yaw! FORD was a lick if you got in under 10.00.

:mjlol:The thing people have to realize is, LEAPS are for COVERAGE, you don't HAVE to hold them for months. You can sell them anytime you want just like any options. Don't let greed get in the way of a great play. I remember homie said 'you will only get x amount' if it reaches 11.00 by the end of the leap. But guess what, it's at 11.00 ALREADY so you get extra money for it hitting that mark MONTHS IN ADVANCE. DON'T SLEEP.
You called it. I'll listen next time. :francis:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Only negative IMO is that its on Wall Street Bets radar. I rather stocks grow organically vs the pump and dump crowd. What Im looking for next is the hot fire videos and the next M&A target.

Wallops is still months away from any significant structures being complete.

ah hell nah.
ain't nothing better than a quick 2-3 weeks swing that gives me 50%+ return. :mjlit:

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
I don't know how yall do options, I have done nothing but lose money lol. I am also too much of a risk taker for options. I had Draftkings at 18 , sold it at 23, lost all profits playing options. I lost doing leaps too.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
I don't know how yall do options, I have done nothing but lose money lol. I am also too much of a risk taker for options. I had Draftkings at 18 , sold it at 23, lost all profits playing options. I lost doing leaps too.
:mjlol:You have to learn the tendencies of the stock you're doing options for. I been watching FORD for a decade, so I know what to expect for the most part, that helps a great deal.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Not good if your a rist taker. Your more likely to wait out a bad play thinking it will turn and go your way. A 60% win ratio is considered good. So lnowing youll probably be wrong almost half the time,you need discipline to cut while losses are minimal. Best way ive been able to do it is by scalping. I get killed trying to swing options usually. When i scalp,if its a good play it happens almost immediately. Even if it only plays out for a few minutes. If it doesnt do what i expected almost right away,i know not to sit in it too long. Win some lose some

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
The plug-in hybrid, long a fringe technology in the car business, is gaining some traction.

As automakers slow-walk plans to roll out more fully electric vehicles in response to lighter-than-expected consumer interest, more are embracing plug-in hybrids, which run on battery power for about 20 to 40 miles before reverting to a gas engine.

The technology has been on the market for more than a decade, but sales hadn't taken off until recently. Some automakers shied away from offering them because of the added cost and engineering complexity -- they essentially require two ways to power the car, packed under one hood. The relatively small number of models available also were pricier than gas-powered cars, limiting their appeal.

Now, car companies are finding more reasons to offer plug-in hybrids, which provide another path beyond full EVs to meet tougher U.S. tailpipe-pollution rules. Ford Motor said this past week that it canceled plans for a fully electric large SUV and instead will offer hybrid versions, potentially including plug-ins.

The number of plug-in-hybrid models on sale in the U.S. has nearly doubled since 2019, to 47, according to automotive-research site Edmunds. These include well-known nameplates such as the Toyota RAV4 and Ford Escape compact SUVs.

Dealers say some car shoppers who are interested in going electric still want the security of a gas engine. Buyers also are finding that, with hefty support from automakers and the federal government, plug-in hybrids can sometimes be the cheapest option.

Bria Adams, a 28-year-old firefighter from Central Massachusetts, once considered herself a "naysayer" on electric vehicles. This past spring, though, she pounced on a plug-in hybrid Jeep Wrangler at her local dealership that was about $200 a month cheaper to lease than the gas SUVs she browsed.

Adams said the Jeep is surprisingly quiet when running on electricity. "It was definitely a switch from driving pickup trucks for most of my life," she said.

Toyota Motor in the early 2000s popularized conventional hybrids with its original Prius, which combines a small battery and motor to assist the gas engine and improve fuel efficiency. Plug-in hybrids like the Prius Prime take the concept further, with batteries large enough to power the car on electricity alone for short trips.

A few years ago, plug-in hybrids seemed destined to fade as the industry rushed to develop full EVs. Now some automakers are giving them another look, partly because EV demand has been lighter-than-expected.

For example, General Motors was one of the first companies to offer a plug-in hybrid with its 2010 launch of the Chevrolet Volt. The Detroit automaker phased out the Volt in 2019, declaring its future in EVs. Now GM plans to bring back plug-in hybrids, starting in 2027.

Plug-in hybrid sales in the U.S. jumped 59% in the first quarter of this year from a year earlier, and their share of the overall market -- while still small -- has roughly doubled since 2022, to 2.4%, according to research from Cox Automotive.

The technology is growing at a faster rate globally, led by China, where plug-in hybrids are projected to account for 15% of the market this year, according to consulting firm AlixPartners.

In the U.S., much of the growth of plug-in hybrids has been driven by regulations, analysts say.

The Jeep Wrangler and Grand Cherokee alone accounted for about one-third of U.S. plug-in hybrid sales during the first half of 2024, according to data from research firm Motor Intelligence.

Yet, there is "limited natural demand" among Jeep customers for electric range in their rugged SUVs, said John Morrill, who owns Planet Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Franklin, Mass. Sales of the plug-in Jeeps are supported by "very aggressive" manufacturer discounts of up to $12,000 a vehicle, plus a $7,500 federal tax credit if the vehicles are leased, he said.

"A lot of people come in and say, 'I don't want a hybrid,'" Morrill said. But after the salesperson explains it is $70 cheaper a month than the gas version, "they say, 'I'll take the hybrid.'"

Global automaker Stellantis, parent company of Jeep, Ram, Dodge and Chryser, has paid hefty federal fines for failing to meet emissions rules in the past, a byproduct of its fuel-thirsty vehicle lineup. The company, which only this year started selling a fully electric vehicle in the U.S., is leaning into plug-in hybrids as a way to comply with state and federal laws.

Stellantis in recent years has limited the stock of regular, gas-only Jeeps for Morrill and other dealers in about a dozen states that have adopted California's stricter emissions rules.

"Plug-in hybrids balance the need to reduce vehicle emissions and offer consumers an entry point to electrified vehicles," a Stellantis spokesperson said.

Now, federal regulatory changes will ensure more plug-in hybrids hit the market in coming years, auto executives and analysts say.

The Environmental Protection Agency in March completed new tailpipe-emissions thresholds to crack down on pollution limits for model years 2027 through 2032. The EPA said plug-in hybrids would likely play a bigger role in helping the industry hit those targets than the agency originally envisioned.

Mainly because of the EPA rules, Toyota will expand its plug-in hybrid lineup from the RAV4 and Prius, while making plug-ins more widely available, said David Christ, group vice president at Toyota Motor North America.

German auto giant Volkswagen is strongly considering plug-in hybrids for its U.S. lineup, said Lyndon Lie, executive vice president of Volkswagen Group of America. For now, it is a better business than EVs, he said.

"You can make money on a [plug-in hybrid] or at least break even...and give the customer something that they are more comfortable with," he said.

Plug-in hybrids have their detractors. Some clean-energy advocates say they have fewer environmental benefits than advertised because many drivers don't plug them in and rely mostly on the gas engine.

Adams, though, routinely charges her Wrangler at her firehouse, and loves saving on gas. "And I feel like I'm doing a little bit for the environment," she said. "A tiny amount."

$TM

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
Apple® today announced that Chief Financial Officer Luca Maestri will transition from his role on January 1, 2025. Maestri will continue to lead the Corporate Services teams, including information systems and technology, information security, and real estate and development, reporting to Apple CEO Tim Cook. As part of a planned succession, Kevan Parekh, Apple’s Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis, will become Chief Financial Officer and join the executive team.

“Luca has been an extraordinary partner in managing Apple for the long term. He has been instrumental in improving and driving the company’s financial performance, engaging with shareholders, and instilling financial discipline across every part of Apple. We’re fortunate that we will continue to benefit from the leadership and insight that have been the hallmark of his tenure at the company,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO.

“For more than a decade, Kevan has been an indispensable member of Apple’s finance leadership team, and he understands the company inside and out. His sharp intellect, wise judgment, and financial brilliance make him the perfect choice to be Apple’s next CFO.”

During his time as CFO, Maestri enabled essential investments and practiced robust financial discipline, which together helped the company more than double its revenue, with services revenue growing more than five times.

$AAPL