Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Cybertruck just hasn't been a boon for Tesla -- yet.

Over the weekend, Tesla informed some soon-to-be Cybertruck owners about delivery delays because of production issues. Revelations about the delays have appeared in online forums and on Elon Musk's social media platform X.

Tesla didn't immediately respond to a request for comment about production.

It's the latest setback for the truck which took a long time to develop, is difficult to build, and is expensive.

Things just haven't gone as smoothly for Tesla's newest product as Tesla investors would have liked. After racking up hundreds of thousands of preorders in the months following a 2019 unveiling, Tesla only started delivering the truck in late 2023. What's more, the first versions delivered were the $100,000-plus Cyberbeast versions with three motors putting out more than 800 horsepower. Cool, but priced beyond the reach of most truck buyers.

I'm glad the cybertruck is failing. They should have thrown those R&D Dollars into a sub 30k car. They should have also hired some designers to make sure it wasn't so ugly

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm glad the cybertruck is failing. They should have thrown those R&D Dollars into a sub 30k car. They should have also hired some designers to make sure it wasn't so ugly
Is it failing though? Tesla usually seems to have production issues in the beginning.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
M1 Finance finally let me open a cash account on their site. I moved $1600 over there so I'm at least over the $10K needed to not have to pay their stupid $3 monthly fee.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
M1 Finance finally let me open a cash account on their site. I moved $1600 over there so I'm at least over the $10K needed to not have to pay their stupid $3 monthly fee.
the $3 monthly fee is for their plus plan right? outside of the afternoon trading window, is there anything else you like about it?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
the $3 monthly fee is for their plus plan right? outside of the afternoon trading window, is there anything else you like about it?
I like that I can dump money into it and it balances it for me weighing investments. It’s like making your own ETF in a way. Like you could have a pie that’s the magnificent seven and put $1000 into it and it will split that buying fractional shares of them all at the percentage you specify.