Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
qqq on a sell signal but with so much volatility its still smarter to be cash as these signals change in a heartbeat, imo

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Do you have a separate portfolio for active balancing stocks vs your long terms?
I maintain several investment portfolios across various platforms:

1. Retirement Portfolio: This comprises my 401k, Roth IRA, and rollover IRA accounts, with Fidelity. It's dedicated to long-term assets in which I have a high level of confidence.

2. Separate Long-Term Portfolio, M1: This portfolio mainly consists of long-term ETFs and investments that I plan to hold indefinitely. However, I may make adjustments if I'm dissatisfied with their performance or see the need for changes.

3. Active Portfolio(Fidelity): This dynamic portfolio focuses on market hedges and occasional swing trades in stocks that catch my interest. Currently, it's relatively static as I aim to keep my taxable income lower for this year.

4. Acorns: I use Acorns for Dollar-Cost Averaging (DCA) on a weekly basis. I progressively increase my DCA by 5-10% every 4-6 months. This disciplined approach reinforces financial discipline and curbs impulsive trading. I have a long-term vision for this account and might continue it until retirement, effectively considering it a fourth retirement vehicle. I started with a weekly DCA of $75, and I've now increased it to $125. My aspiration is to reach a weekly DCA of $250 or more for this account.

5. Vacation Account( @Gloxina ): This portfolio is more aggressive, including swing trades and potentially day trading in the future. It's designated for luxurious travel experiences, such as business/first-class flights and 5-star accommodations. Furthermore, it serves as another alternative emergency backup to my savings.

- My guiding philosophy is 'Don't go broke; plan to go broke.' :hubie:

Additionally, I maintain a health savings account, and I'm in the process of building out a Webull account. Although I haven't yet finalized its purpose, but it's steadily growing. :whew:

In summation, I like to have a backup to my backups.

Having a negative bank account in my mid-20s, while working at Amazon and Uber, lit a fire under me to learn how money works and to strive for more not settling for mediocracy. :hubie:

But shoot, forget about me, I'm trying pick @NaijaProdigy Redux mindset when it comes to money and asset allocation. :whew:
timing gang :troll:

:unimpressed: My pull out game is on-point. :hubie:

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
Reppin
MiYaYo (Carol City)
I maintain several investment portfolios across various platforms:

1. Retirement Portfolio: This comprises my 401k, Roth IRA, and rollover IRA accounts, with Fidelity. It's dedicated to long-term assets in which I have a high level of confidence.

2. Separate Long-Term Portfolio, M1: This portfolio mainly consists of long-term ETFs and investments that I plan to hold indefinitely. However, I may make adjustments if I'm dissatisfied with their performance or see the need for changes.

3. Active Portfolio(Fidelity): This dynamic portfolio focuses on market hedges and occasional swing trades in stocks that catch my interest. Currently, it's relatively static as I aim to keep my taxable income lower for this year.

4. Acorns: I use Acorns for Dollar-Cost Averaging (DCA) on a weekly basis. I progressively increase my DCA by 5-10% every 4-6 months. This disciplined approach reinforces financial discipline and curbs impulsive trading. I have a long-term vision for this account and might continue it until retirement, effectively considering it a fourth retirement vehicle. I started with a weekly DCA of $75, and I've now increased it to $125. My aspiration is to reach a weekly DCA of $250 or more for this account.

5. Vacation Account( @Gloxina ): This portfolio is more aggressive, including swing trades and potentially day trading in the future. It's designated for luxurious travel experiences, such as business/first-class flights and 5-star accommodations. Furthermore, it serves as another alternative emergency backup to my savings.

- My guiding philosophy is 'Don't go broke; plan to go broke.' :hubie:

Additionally, I maintain a health savings account, and I'm in the process of building out a Webull account. Although I haven't yet finalized its purpose, but it's steadily growing. :whew:

In summation, I like to have a backup to my backups.

Having a negative bank account in my mid-20s, while working at Amazon and Uber, lit a fire under me to learn how money works and to strive for more not settling for mediocracy. :hubie:

But shoot, forget about me, I'm trying pick @NaijaProdigy Redux mindset when it comes to money and asset allocation. :whew:

:unimpressed: My pull out game is on-point. :hubie:
Nice breakdown.

I dont have that many, I have 4 - Long Term, Roth, 401k and play account (for daytrading and swings)

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
Reppin
MiYaYo (Carol City)
Rocket Lab's stock declines after founder files to sell $22M in shares. Rocket Lab USA (NASDAQ:RKLB) on Tuesday fell as much as 13% to a two-and-a-half-month low after Peter Beck, founder of the space-launch company, filed to sell shares valued at $22.3 million.

$RKLB

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still like apple long term but i rather put my money where it'll 10x rather than 2x. Apple is becoming the GE of its day.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Qualcomm keeps feeding me. Made another $110 in options this morning. That stock should hit $115 by friday if yall want in

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Rocket Lab's stock declines after founder files to sell $22M in shares. Rocket Lab USA (NASDAQ:RKLB) on Tuesday fell as much as 13% to a two-and-a-half-month low after Peter Beck, founder of the space-launch company, filed to sell shares valued at $22.3 million.

$RKLB
Just went in heavy on this at 5.30. :lupe:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tricky tape, still very much choppy. Aapl has some critical levels its bouncing around.
NFLX tanked after cfo comments, could test 410 pretty soon imo.