Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I find myself trying to average down on some companies recently just so that I can sell out of them, and I fear I'm in a race against time though, because some companies seem so dog sh!t that they may never actually recover enough for me to sell them at a break-even or even slight profit point. MVIS is one for example.

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
Reppin
MiYaYo (Carol City)
I find myself trying to average down on some companies recently just so that I can sell out of them, and I fear I'm in a race against time though, because some companies seem so dog sh!t that they may never actually recover enough for me to sell them at a break-even or even slight profit point. MVIS is one for example.
True, a lot of companies that were hittin' in 2020 are trash now. Even the days of random pump and dumps seem to be over now (Where there was a possibility of a one day pop to break even). When I was faced with this in 2021, I chose to cut my losses. The opportunity costs of holding was too much.

Last edited:

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
As

My biggest L has been JMIA :mjlol:. Going to keep since I am down so much money.

Daps
We all have them. Mine is MTTR, I'm not actively buying but I don't think I'll ever break even. Everytime I look at it I have to talk myself out of ripping the scab off.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
We all have them. Mine is MTTR, I'm not actively buying but I don't think I'll ever break even. Everytime I look at it I have to talk myself out of ripping the scab off.

I own mttr but I brought when it tanked. Not sure what your average is but there is tons of use cases around matterport.

So many uses cases around. Hope is not lost for mttr.

But yeah with jmia once the market gets better I am dumping it.

Last edited:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I own mttr but I brought when it tanked. Not sure what your average is but there is tons of use cases around matterport.

So many uses cases around. Hope is not lost for mttr.

But yeah with jmia once the market gets better I am dumping it.
I sold out of that a year ago. I was up a lot at one point but took a massive L.

Maybe when the housing market rebounds it'll bounce back.

I also reduced my JMIA position a while back, I still keep a few shares, just for potential speculation purposes.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
I sold out of that a year ago. I was up a lot at one point but took a massive L.

Maybe when the housing market rebounds it'll bounce back.

I also reduced my JMIA position a while back, I still keep a few shares, just for potential speculation purposes.

That took

It's one of those that I just don't mind holding since I got in when it tanked. Jmia caught me with my pants down:dame: on the down turn.

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
Reppin
MiYaYo (Carol City)

TOP STOCKS TO WATCH FOR THE WEEK OF SEP 18,2023

This video covers earnings this week, FOMC, SPY, Energy Sector, Banking Sector, JP Morgan, Nvidia and Dollar General.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
How-Long-Does-It-Take-for-Investments-to-Double_09052023.jpeg

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Any1 still holding Enzc? Lotta good PR's over the last 2 weeks.

The 2 Biggest:

1. A SPAC deal worth $250M.

2. After the deal, they will announce a dividend.

Enzolytics Announces the Signing of the Business Combination Agreement with Sagaliam Acquisition Corp (SAGA)​

1. The SPAC deal went from $250 to $450.

2. Haven't seen it in the PR yet, but the dividend might be 1 share of SAGA, for every 86 shares of ENZC.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I got a few hundred shares of that. I don't really plan to sell. It's like TTCF in that I'll let it go bankrupt just to risk the fact I could get my money back. My cost basis is $10 so I'm screwed.

Daps
I got a few hundred shares of that. I don't really plan to sell. It's like TTCF in that I'll let it go bankrupt just to risk the fact I could get my money back. My cost basis is $10 so I'm screwed.
Yeah we're about the same in terms of cost basis but I have a much smaller position. I hold it in a ROTH so I think I may just hold it until the next bounce and roll whatever's left into something else.