Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Fifs1iTXwAsQ1wv

I’m trying to learn options. I have a $9 call option with Petco that expires 12/16. It’s up 21%. Petco earnings report is Wednesday

At what % do y’all usually take profits from options
Give some tips on options plays. Like the rules yall follow

Once you're within 3 weeks like you are, take what you can get and run.
(Unless your goal is specifically to use it as a lotto ticket to gamble on earnings).

Basically, you already won.

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
May have to buy some NLY with how much they pay in dividends. Accidentally found that stock when I mistyped oNLYfans on my phone :guilty:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I should have sold this a long time ago. At this point I’d rather just let it go to zero. What I’d get back for selling it isn’t worth it. To be honest this year I’ve still been buying stuff like Tesla, Google, and Amazon but I haven’t been tracking the performance of any companies I already owned. Lesson learned because had I been it was obvious what was going on with this one.

5-E5-AD6-D0-9-C7-C-4737-B5-A1-C748-EB7234-AC.png

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I should have sold this a long time ago. At this point I’d rather just let it go to zero. What I’d get back for selling it isn’t worth it. To be honest this year I’ve still been buying stuff like Tesla, Google, and Amazon but I haven’t been tracking the performance of any companies I already owned. Lesson learned because had I been it was obvious what was going on with this one.

5-E5-AD6-D0-9-C7-C-4737-B5-A1-C748-EB7234-AC.png
My condolences breh.

It's all in the game.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
My condolences breh.

It's all in the game.
In the event the company somewhat comes back to life those shares are probably worth more than me selling them for almost 100% loss now. It's like would you rather gamble on them resurrecting a dead company or selling those shares for peanuts. I chose the gamble.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
In the event the company somewhat comes back to life those shares are probably worth more than me selling them for almost 100% loss now. It's like would you rather gamble on them resurrecting a dead company or selling those shares for peanuts. I chose the gamble.
I'll say this,

Looked into their financials, check analyst ratings, look for insider selling, and listen to their past two conference calls.

See if this stock has a chance of either coming back or possibly M&A in the future.

The good thing is, a lot of stocks are down bad. I'm usually paranoid when only my stocks are down. But the entire market has taken a beaten since last year around this time.

So if they can make through the next few months then they should be aight.

I'll say this I have seen TTCF in stores, and people overall seem to becoming more health conscious.

247Alex

Pro
Daps
brenntag in talks to acquire univar. big move for this industry. my work involves specialty chems so by default i am interested in these companies.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'll say this,

Looked into their financials, check analyst ratings, look for insider selling, and listen to their past two conference calls.

See if this stock has a chance of either coming back or possibly M&A in the future.

The good thing is, a lot of stocks are down bad. I'm usually paranoid when only my stocks are down. But the entire market has taken a beaten since last year around this time.

So if they can make through the next few months then they should be aight.

I'll say this I have seen TTCF in stores, and people overall seem to becoming more health conscious.
I’m still wondering how they’ve got negative gross margins on selling frozen food. All those acquisitions they’ve done they're about to have to go into debt just to run the company.

They’re literally making frozen food and losing money on it. Their only saving grace is they just got into Walmart but they can’t produce cheap vegan frozen food at a loss and expect to remain in business.