Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
what is an REIT?

Real estate investment trust. They buy things like hotels, apartment buildings, office space, etc. and get income flowing in from leasing them out. They get special tax treatment and have to return most of the profits to the investors so they usually have good dividends.

Probably the most liquid way to invest in real estate. But a lot of them have had a really good run recently and they look expensive so there's been some pullback.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real Estate Investment Trust. -
DEFINITION of 'Real Estate Investment Trust - REIT'
A security that sells like a stock on the major exchanges and invests in real estate directly, either through properties or mortgages. REITs receive special tax considerations and typically offer investors high yields, as well as a highly liquid method of investing in real estate.

Real estate investment trust. They buy things like hotels, apartment buildings, office space, etc. and get income flowing in from leasing them out. They get special tax treatment and have to return most of the profits to the investors so they usually have good dividends.

Probably the most liquid way to invest in real estate. But a lot of them have had a really good run recently and they look expensive so there's been some pullback.

Thanks for answering, gentlemen.

Where can I look into these? Are they similar to an aggregate-type investment like an index fund?

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Thanks for answering, gentlemen.

Where can I look into these? Are they similar to an aggregate-type investment like an index fund?

Just google "list of reits" or something like that and you can find more info on them.

They typically invest in one type of thing like I was saying hotels, assisted living homes, offices, apartment buildings, industrial properties, on and on. Its not an index fund but an alternative asset class to invest in real estate that trades like a stock.

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
http://www.zacks.com/stock/news/170321/hewlettpackard-hpq-moving-average-crossover-alert
f that wasn’t enough, Hewlett-Packard isn’t looking too great from an earnings estimate revision perspective either. It appears as though many analysts have been reducing their earnings expectations for the stock lately, which is usually not a good sign of things to come.
---
:smugdraper:
Consider that in the last 30 days, 3 estimates have been reduced, while none have moved higher. Add this in to a similar move lower in the consensus estimate, and there is plenty of reason to be bearish here.

That is why we currently have a Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell) on this stock and are looking for it to underperform in the weeks ahead. So either avoid this stock or consider jumping ship until the estimates and technical factors turn around for HPQ.

Just bought more @ 31.36 :blessed:

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
@franknitty711

CERE earnings

:francis:

Assets nearly chopped in half since August... burning through funds like a motherfukker.

Another conference call about monetizing one day.

:scust:

CFO mentioned looking into additional sources of funding.

These fukking scum bags are gonna reverse split and end up with another offering to raise more and dilute more.

:wow:

Yeah not sure what to do on this one. Its basically down to the 19 cents it was. CEO's tone was defiant and they took no questions this time from analysts. Probably the worst case scenario right here. Its basically put up or shut up time. If they don't increase profits the next quarter or two its a wrap. I need to think about this one a little more before deciding to join the mass exodus right now.

:snoop:

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Yeah not sure what to do on this one. Its basically down to the 19 cents it was. CEO's tone was defiant and they took no questions this time from analysts. Probably the worst case scenario right here. Its basically put up or shut up time. If they don't increase profits the next quarter or two its a wrap. I need to think about this one a little more before deciding to join the mass exodus right now.

:snoop:

When I heard no questions taken I was

:dwillhuh:

What's so perplexing is with the cash burn they're going to be out of business soon... yet he's talking about commercializing certain crops by 2018 as if they have 3 years.

:what:

What perplexes me is why major corporations even do business with a company seemingly on its way out. To me, the hope has always been buyout for IP. The management is fukking braindead. Only thing they're good at is lining their pockets while Rome burns.

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
When I heard no questions taken I was

:dwillhuh:

What's so perplexing is with the cash burn they're going to be out of business soon... yet he's talking about commercializing certain crops by 2018 as if they have 3 years.

:what:

What perplexes me is why major corporations even do business with a company seemingly on its way out. To me, the hope has always been buyout for IP. The management is fukking braindead. Only thing they're good at is lining their pockets while Rome burns.

They burned a lot of cash on the launch of Persephone. That is why they spent so much this quarter in my opinion. That software better get some buyers or else.....

They obviously are going to need to do another offering soon. But if they can't show and prove I don't see how any investors would want anything to do with it. They need a run to make that work.

Going bankrupt would be crazy with little debt and lots of patents and technology (someone should want to purchase). Now that they are selling seed in the US and the SAS I would expect to see better numbers next quarter. Are you going down with the ship or staying put?

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution