Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
you misunderstand

4ADoLnQ.png

short sellers are required to pay out dividends even on naked shorts.

DE2M5E1.png

I expect there to be a selloff after the split happens. Not before. Stocks always get a jump in price when there are stock split announcements/rumors.

After the split, people will buy in because of the lower entry price and then people who been holding for a while will sell

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I expect there to be a selloff after the split happens. Not before. Stocks always get a jump in price when there are stock split announcements/rumors.

After the split, people will buy in because of the lower entry price and then people who been holding for a while will sell

what would that "lower price" even look like if shorts sellers are forced to close their short position instead of buying more shares to give out as dividends?

I mean "officially" GME is short 18.24 million shares and if they have a stock split for like 3 for 1, that means short sellers would have to buy 54,720,000 shares at lets say $150. thats $8.2 billion with just a conservative estimate on a fixed share price and stock split ratio.

clocks ticking...

From Reuters: www.reuters.com/companies/GME.N/events

• Q1 2022 GameStop Corp Earnings Release 7 Jun 2022 / 6AM EDT
  • GameStop Corp Annual Shareholders Meeting 9 Jun 2022 / 11AM EDT

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
have you used public or moomoo and if you have how is it?

i use moo moo is very much like webull if it isn’t webull it’s almost completely similar. It is kind of clunky and it takes a long time for cash to settle. I don’t recommend it I just wanted the free stocks

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Inside Truth Social: Hands on with Trump's social media platform

From what I'm reading, if you CAN get on to it its a buggy twitter clone.
From the above article, there's zero content posted by "regular" users, its all just comment threads from posts from "influencers". And it claims that once you get to over a hundred comments on a post, it hangs :snoop:.

The impression I'm getting is that they've basically re-created the functionality of Yahoo! News message boards from 1996, within a twitter clone interface :ufdup:.

And Trump himself is not too pleased
Trump is 'complaining about lackluster Truth Social rollout': 'What the f*** is going on?' | Daily Mail Online

Yet, the DWAC stock was up in the 90's as of Monday. So I'm hoping to profit some from its decline :banderas:.

I've always kind of looked at people shorting stocks as :demonic:, and I never really did understand put options, but now that I own DWAC puts I almost can't believe how much FUN it is to profit as the Truth Social fans slowly watch their money drift down to zero while they are in a state of denial :umad:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've always kind of looked at people shorting stocks as :demonic:, and I never really did understand put options, but now that I own DWAC puts I almost can't believe how much FUN it is to profit as the Truth Social fans slowly watch their money drift down to zero while they are in a state of denial :umad:

im thinking of getting puts to $20 bucks, is that too fuking crazy on my end?

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
im thinking of getting puts to $20 bucks, is that too fuking crazy on my end?

Depends on the time frame, I guess. No matter how much the actual product sucks, there will probably always be a few people who buy it just because they want to somehow "support" Trump.

247Alex

Pro
Daps
Port looking strong this afternoon.
m1 been cool. 2 purchasing hours is okay dont really need to be trading all day. I have my roth ira there
My job is opening a sep ira thru fidelity never used any of their services before

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Past three days were like nah playa, that hole you were being dug out of, we don’t like that

This year has really told me I can't day trade for shyt so I basically am just no braining into good companies and holding :yeshrug:

cant be just shytting money away on these cons forever.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This year has really told me I can't day trade for shyt so I basically am just no braining into good companies and holding :yeshrug:

cant be just shytting money away on these cons forever.

the same thing I learned I had 2 accounts I was doing options in but one of them is down big time to the point I have to battle pattern day trader. The only think I do decent on is my long holds. Options have kicked my ass basically since New Years.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
the same thing I learned I had 2 accounts I was doing options in but one of them is down big time to the point I have to battle pattern day trader. The only think I do decent on is my long holds. Options have kicked my ass basically since New Years.

yup, I either hold too long or sell too early. If just had shares in the shyt I had options on all this year I dead ass would have made bread on all of them lmfao.

People who can day trade well are magical but that aint me. I can do some decent swings but its gon be a very small part of my port. Heavy in tech now for my commons.