Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I'm down 2-3% almost every day. Portfolio in the next week is probably going into the red. Down to my last $4K of total gains. These growth stocks I refuse to sell just keep getting worse and worse.
yeah down (-2.05%) today which has been pretty consistent as of late between fidelity accts and m1...gains have significantly been cut since i started investing in march2020 but holding for the long haul and still have a decent cushion before i go in the red

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
yeah down (-2.05%) today which has been pretty consistent as of late between fidelity accts and m1...gains have significantly been cut since i started investing in march2020 but holding for the long haul and still have a decent cushion before i go in the red
I'm about to reduce my savings rate a bit and buy stocks. Stuff like Google, Facebook, Disney, and JP Morgan Chase. Maybe some Amazon. Only doing leaps on these growth stocks going forward.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I agree. This is a time to be buying. People are irrationally fearful right now.

It hurts though

Last edited:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been eating very very well off energy off 3 months. How long will it last? Who knows. Even on down days energy is up or holding relative strength. I believe funds are.still underweight for energy so there may be some more to go. Set price targets, raise stops, you will always have the highest probability of winning.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I agree. This is a time to be buying. People are irrationally fearful right now.

It hurts though

:stopitslime:

People were saying this months ago and everything is lower. Why is now the time to buy specifically?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

People were saying this months ago and everything is lower. Why is now the time to buy specifically?
You don't know what the bottom is so you deploy capital slowly. You determine the fair value of a company and buy as its under that value. Facebook has a forward P/E of 16 and almost $30 billion in free cash flow. It's selling way undervalued. The S&P500 P/E ratio is 34.5 so Facebook is selling for under half the S&P 500's P/E ratio. That's a buy.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Rivn is a crime of a stock. Huge ipo valuation, already lost half it's market cap, and expected to lose more. What a shyt company.
There was a RIVN bull sentiment in here. Wonder if that's still the case.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

this means generally - like if you set aside $250/month to buy stocks, you shouldn't decide to sit on that being scared to buy during the downturn, keep investing it in good companies, don't hold it until we're in recovery...now if you're the type to drop big sums of money in all at once, well yea, you'd get fukked buying right now, change your approach and DCA a bit at a time.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
There was a RIVN bull sentiment in here. Wonder if that's still the case.
really? where? most of us looked at that IPO price as a hell no, some folks jumped on it when it first dipped under $100, but everyone was wary of RIVN. If LCID had IPO'ed instead of the whole SPAC thing, I wouldn't have bought that one either, but at $13/share, it felt like a decent gamble for long run

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
really? where? most of us looked at that IPO price as a hell no, some folks jumped on it when it first dipped under $100, but everyone was wary of RIVN. If LCID had IPO'ed instead of the whole SPAC thing, I wouldn't have bought that one either, but at $13/share, it felt like a decent gamble for long run
If you go back to their IPO date there were quite a few arguing about the prowess of a tech company, even though reality was right there.