Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Unless there is some crazy afternoon dip I’m not buying a thing today.

Not ruling out some crazy shyt happening with Russia over the weekend that has us looking at red Monday morning.
Agree. I thought about waiting on my PMCC. But I only did one. If red on Monday I may do another

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
People gonna look back 2 years from now at the price some of these companies currently trading at and just shake their heads, lol.
People ultimately just doing what they think can make them money. You gotta believe in what you're doing because the herd is always gonna be running around panicking. Fear rather than confidence is most people's guiding principle in the stock market. Letting the herd guide your moves just leads to worse than average results. Better off setting and forgetting an index fund / ETF.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Foot Locker just had what I'd consider a material change to the business. If Nike doubles down on direct to consumer sales they're gonna put Foot Locker in a really bad spot.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Why’d the market dip the last 2 weeks because of uncertainty of war, but then go up two days straight once the war started?:dahell:
could be because they liked how Biden handled it
could be because they're exiting puts and starting short positions :yeshrug:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
What was your entry point for this company?

What's a "pick and shovel" play?
A pick-and-shovel play is an investment strategy consisting of buying stock in the tools or services an industry uses to produce a product. With a pick-and-shovel play, an investor might buy stock in a supplier to an industry instead of a company that produces the finished good.

It goes to the Gold Rush days not everybody found gold but they bought shovels and picks

Another example would be like a semiconductor stock a company like Nvida is a “Pick and Shovel” play on the gaming industry