Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
This is the highest dollar amount loss on a single position in my pretty short investing career.
A2-E25-F1-C-5433-4-B4-F-A0-FD-32-AE74148-A7-F.png

Earnings should give us some greens hopefully.

Agent Mulder

Fight The Future
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Bought some PayPal, Sofi and FB today. First time buying any of these. Will def continue to cop at these prices.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Seems like every month it's some new shyt/some new fear driving the market down.

COVID, Omicron variant, Evergrande, crypto crash, elections, vaccines, FB losing billions, tech crash, housing concerns, CEO's dumping stocks, Netflix nosedive...

Seems like the flavor of the month is now this Russia/Ukraine bullshyt.

I opened my brokerage app twice today and didn't bother the rest of the day, numb to this shyt by now.

I'm watching this invasion news, market gonna drop another 10% mañana.

Last edited:

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Seems like every month it's some new shyt/some new fear driving the market down.

COVID, Omicron variant, Evergrande, crypto crash, elections, vaccines, FB losing billions, tech crash, housing concerns, CEO's dumping stocks, Netflix nosedive...

Seems like the flavor of the month is now this Russia/Ukraine bullshyt.

I opened my brokerage app twice today and didn't bother the rest of the day, numb to this shyt by now.

I'm watching this invasion news, market gonna drop another 10% mañana.
Mentally exhausting. Some what depression levels on days

lib123

All Star
Daps
i basically just liquidated my whole portfolio

i wasnt really on a lot of cathie wood plays (i was in Coinbase, AirBNB, Palantir for reasons that had nothing to do with her) and CRSPR which was off her recommendation. But I am in a lot of growth and its just been nothing but bullshyt for the better part of the last 12 months. So I am throwing in the towel and trying to preserve capital because for some reason what ever I am in just cant gain momentum. Took a huge L over the last year and I have had enough + I feel like it aint gonna get much better any time soon.

It is tough being in stocks that are at best neutral when the news is positive. Even blue chip companies in my portfolio like Blackstone. Will do great after an Earnings release only to get mashed up a week later with the rest of the market. I just give up. Gonna save my cash and invest it in my side venture(s) and hopefully buy a home in a year or two. Maybe when I am ready to get back in the market will be in a bear market or some shyt and I can actually eat as opposed to be a bagholder.

To make matters worse I work in Private Credit and the firm I work at restricts us from trading / shorting anything. Dont even think we can buy puts. So fukk it. Good luck to the rest of yall

Smart man. Accepting reality and charging it to the game.