Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NQ below neckline of 14730, expecting more downward movement or choppiness unless it passes 14730

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Has Amazon done well this year? I never pay attention to them
Yes and no
They had a good surge last year and then had a drop when they reported earnings last because they missed estimates.
The problem is that they thought they could sustain the growth that the stimulus and wfh provided.
I’m a little worried because the Amazon app keeps sending me notifications to buy stuff which has never happened for me but that’s a pretty small part of Amazon.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Facebook is still the best app for social networking and all the losers that don’t have iPhones have to use messenger

The issue is that kids don’t create Facebook accounts
It's the biggest for sure, but Facebook in general is stagnant. They have been dominant over the last like 20 years and got a lot of competitors out of the paint, but I'd say one of the things that has happened in the space is the other social media platforms have clearer niches and FB/Meta is starting to look like a bloated company that has a lot of users accumulated over time, but ultimately what are they using FB for?

TikTok has the younger generation and better organic engagement than FB and IG
Youtube is the king for online video/content creation
Twitch for live streaming and gaming (Facebook Gaming has been trying to get more into this space)
LinkedIn is there for professional networking
Twitter is the go to for news and better at gauging the climate for topics overall

Facebook doesn't really do anything better than their comp right now, they do a lot of stuff well. It's like a jack of all trades, masters of none thing. They want to continue that with their metaverse direction also, I think investors are less bullish overall because tech morphs and changes everything over time. FB is called the boomer social media app for a reason. Most of the creative and innovative content is coming from elsewhere.