Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Spot spent a lot to get those podcasts hosts but the AD money is starting to come in strong

unlike FB spot isn’t really in competition with TikTok if anything it can be useful to advertising

a0694e7f414b3c21c2e0b23007bb4dbc

This is bullish

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Can Ackman come buy Facebook too, please? :sadcam:

Oh shyt. Spotify...market about to be fukkery tomorrow.

I like Netflix better than Facebook right now, tbh. All Netflix have to do is add live 4K sporting events or concerts or break their popular series into weekly episodes. They could also add advertising. Imagine Netflix buying a small brand like Verzuz that has shown to generate millions of eyes (across multiple platforms)? Or striking a deal with artist like Beyoncé for live concert events or striking a deal with the NFL/NBA/boxing/etc to have a Saturday night game or fight night?

Point is…Netflix has obvious paths for additional growth. I’m not so sure I can say the same about Facebook right now.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Netflix better than Facebook right now, tbh. All Netflix have to do is add live 4K sporting events or concerts or break their popular series into weekly episodes. They could also add advertising. Imagine Netflix buying a small brand like Verzuz that has show to generate millions of eyes? Or striking a deal with artist like Beyoncé for a live concert events or striking a deal with the NFL/NBA/boxing/etc to have like a Saturday night game or fight night.

Point is…Netflix has flexible and obvious paths for additional growth. I’m not so sure I can say the same about Facebook right now.

i agree with everything else but binge watching is what Netflix is really known for

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I like Netflix better than Facebook right now, tbh. All Netflix have to do is add live 4K sporting events or concerts or break their popular series into weekly episodes. They could also add advertising. Imagine Netflix buying a small brand like Verzuz that has shown to generate millions of eyes (across multiple platforms)? Or striking a deal with artist like Beyoncé for live concert events or striking a deal with the NFL/NBA/boxing/etc to have a Saturday night game or fight night?

Point is…Netflix has obvious paths for additional growth. I’m not so sure I can say the same about Facebook right now.
what do they have besides ozark and stranger things that you think would really become appointment TV (as in staying subscribed for weeklies vs subscribing for a few months a year to binge?)

I think NFLX has a growth problem, their existing customers won't churn because most accounts are supporting multiple viewers, but getting new customers is tough when people who would be creating accounts nowadays are juggling multiple subs. shyt hit different for some gen z in their first job trying to figure out what to subscribe to (NFLX, Paramoutnt, HBO, Apple, Hulu, etc) vs millennials in our first jobs and all we had was netflix

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:patrice:
I think the scenarios you're mentioning are much more plausible to happen with other companies. I can see Facebook and Amazon getting into live sports/concert streaming before Netflix to be honest with you. Facebook/Meta definitely going to try and have mofos going to virtual live events in their metaverse, but before then, they'd be fine with fans going HAM in the comment section on their platform watching their favorite teams play. It would be a troll and stans wetdream.

Netflix is leaving a lot of money on the table because so many people don't even pay for it and still have access to it. The flip side is, let's say they clamp down on the credential sharing, since it's so embedded in the service, they would have to be real strategic with the marketing for the backlash and social media hit they would get if they actually enforced limiting multiple user access.

Daps
Reppin
NYC

Meh…the reality is Netflix’s core markets are highly penetrated so the room to add tremendous user growth is capped. The international markets still offer opportunity but the ARPU is way less. Then you have to factor in the competition for eyeballs and wallet share with the other major streaming platforms.

Their initial advantage was being effectively sole destination for content but now all the major content providers have put their IP behind a paywall. So now Netflix is continuously increasing pricing just to fund the original content to maintain their user base

I think they need to expand more into interactive entertainment and grow their consumer products business to grow their addressable market