Facebook
giphy.gif

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was waiting for FB to hit the mid 4s this year before I sold it. I'm not leaving until it does right by me.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Spot on.

Plus, unless you're running a business and using the platform to generate leads and traction back to your products/services, there's not really much of a value incentive being on Facebook too much. The other platforms provide users more value... whether it's news or educational. Facebook is mostly used for people to just keep up with friends and family, and that's why they've been trying to promote Facebook Groups and other elements of it outside of the broken Newsfeed.

How much more data can be mined from us on Facebook at this point? That's why they're going all in with the metaverse because they want to colonize the next phase of internet interaction and activity before other options make more sense to the masses.

:sas2:

Facebook is still the best app for social networking and all the losers that don’t have iPhones have to use messenger

The issue is that kids don’t create Facebook accounts

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Facebook is still the best app for social networking and all the losers that don’t have iPhones have to use messenger

Huh? WhatsApp is by far more popular, it’s owned by FB, sure, but it’s not monetized and they’ll have a hard time doing so without running people off.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Facebook is unpopular with the younger crowd. It's a boomer network at this point. People my age (the older millennials) and older still use it some but it's real popular with much older people which probably helped run the younger ones off.

I think they've reached saturation and growth will be hard. That's gotta factor into the Metaverse pivot.

I don't know if I want to stick around for all that. It's gotta be maybe 5-10 years before that enev plays out and from now to then if their core business continues to lose growth its gonna be brutal.

Facebook is getting squeezed from too many different directions.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Facebook is unpopular with the younger crowd. It's a boomer network at this point. People my age (the older millennials) and older still use it some but it's real popular with much older people which probably helped run the younger ones off.

I think they've reached saturation and growth will be hard. That's gotta factor into the Metaverse pivot.

I don't know if I want to stick around for all that. It's gotta be maybe 5-10 years before that enev plays out and from now to then if their core business continues to lose growth its gonna be brutal.

Facebook is getting squeezed from too many different directions.
add to the fact Zuck hasn't led the creation of anything new, he lucked up that IG was willing to sell and he bought the biggest independent messaging service in WhatsApp which they haven't been able to monetize, and likely never will unless they make the stupid step of throwing ads in what should be "private" chats. Occulus is a bust, they're creating Metaverse just to make it happen. No one uses their hardware products, Alexa and Google home dominate. Tiktok and YouTube are still formidable in use generated content and they're not in the scripted content game. Zuck has been completely unimpressive in showing his ability to helm innovation. You have to bet that they continue to have the cash to buy/acquire companies and that people want to sell to them as opposed to Amazon, Apple, Google or even Bytedance

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
won't be surprised to see DWAC go to 90s.Stop at 81

Energy still very strong but it's gaining a lot of traction in main stream.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
add to the fact Zuck hasn't led the creation of anything new, he lucked up that IG was willing to sell and he bought the biggest independent messaging service in WhatsApp which they haven't been able to monetize, and likely never will unless they make the stupid step of throwing ads in what should be "private" chats. Occulus is a bust, they're creating Metaverse just to make it happen. No one uses their hardware products, Alexa and Google home dominate. Tiktok and YouTube are still formidable in use generated content and they're not in the scripted content game. Zuck has been completely unimpressive in showing his ability to helm innovation. You have to bet that they continue to have the cash to buy/acquire companies and that people want to sell to them as opposed to Amazon, Apple, Google or even Bytedance
I'll give them a few more quarters to do something to get the share price back up. Don't really want to sell but I'm not trying to cling to a sinking ship.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I'll give them a few more quarters to do something to get the share price back up. Don't really want to sell but I'm not trying to cling to a sinking ship.
Facebook has had bad dips like this before and I'm still holding but my main worry is how they're going to tackle the apple privacy changes.
I talk with app marketers all the time in my profession and that shyt is really killing them when advertising. I wonder how they're going to change it
I'll give them until the end of this year