Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

lib123

All Star
Daps
So you’re saying, the DOWs bottom,for example, would be anywhere from 18-11k if the bubble were to “burst”. :merchant:

that’s a long drop from 36-37k

Yes, DJIA could reasonably fall 50% and higher growth indices like Nasdaq 70-80%. Markets rising like escalators and fall like elevators especially with over $900B in margin outstanding. People will be forced to sell to cover margin loans.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
If this is a bubble (which I believe) the bottom will be 50-80% below the peak in high-growth names and indexes. Are we anywhere near that?
yes...small cap high growth names are down 40-80% all over the place - TDOC, ZM, SNOW, SHOP, etc....can't tie these names to indexes, as they're more volatile. so what is your approach? waiting for SPY or QQQ to be down 50% before you buy individual stocks? because part of your comment has already happened

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
you're right, one of my biggest losers is TDOC - looking at what seemed like modest growth for it in 2018 and 2019, it looks like a good level to buy to avg down...but i've been traumatized by it multiple times now :sadcam:
I dont know TDOC but looking at the chart, it looks to be in a nice position :ohhh:

At 70, it lost 75% from ATH and $70 was a super strong resistance historically (neck of the h&s formation in 2018 and resistance of the ascending triangle of 2019) so it "should" act as a strong support. If I knew more about it I would have bought a chunk at this price and then have a couple of buys down to 45.

Tempting really but I also dont have enough cash to diversify more so I got to keep some to average down my currently weak positions :francis:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Please tell me none of y'all panic sold at the bottom this morning :francis:

So much fukking wealth just transferred from retail to Institutions in a matter of like 8 hours. Nasdaq might fukk around and finish green...robbery in broad fukking daylight...not saying we won't go lower but if you're scared, the best thing to do sometimes is not trade at all and close the laptop :francis:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:jbhmm: what is? We pump faking?

I'm starting to think the small caps Russell 2000 will be the first indicator the market is coming back. Those companies started declining in February last year and now the Russell 2000 is in crash territory (fallen +20% since last year).

Two companies I've been talking about (Grow Generation and Weedmaps) suspiciously has gone green today with interesting volume increases on the option chains, and I'm noticing this with a lot of other small caps too.

I'm keeping my eye on this :jbhmm:

lib123

All Star
Daps
yes...small cap high growth names are down 40-80% all over the place - TDOC, ZM, SNOW, SHOP, etc....can't tie these names to indexes, as they're more volatile. so what is your approach? waiting for SPY or QQQ to be down 50% before you buy individual stocks? because part of your comment has already happened

Yes I was mainly referring to the major indices (SPY or QQQ). It’s easier to identify a bottom in indexes vs individual stocks. Tbh several of these companies won’t exist in 10 years.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yes I was mainly referring to the major indices (SPY or QQQ). It’s easier to identify a bottom in indexes vs individual stocks. Tbh several of these companies won’t exist in 10 years.
as standalone companies, no, acquisitions, yep, and that's also a way to make money as well. I was very vocal about people investing in WORK as anything other than an acquisition target - and it happened, I've been vocal about DBX for the same - that company will be acquired, it's too big to cease to exist but there's some money to be made if someone like ABDE buys it. But that works for certain sectors, those who went hard in biotech/pharma definitely stand to see these businesses disappear.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Please tell me none of y'all panic sold at the bottom this morning :francis:

So much fukking wealth just transferred from retail to Institutions in a matter of like 8 hours. Nasdaq might fukk around and finish green...robbery in broad fukking daylight...not saying we won't go lower but if you're scared, the best thing to do sometimes is not trade at all and close the laptop :francis:
Walk streets always wins

Gilly

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
707 & 813

Hammer on the daily candle....... gap up tomorrow :jbhmm:

took some deep OTM spy calls to sell at open

:smugfavre: