Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
Ok so I've went down the rabbit hole and read plenty of analysis about it. The more I'm reading, the more bearish I'm becoming :francis:

Are there actual bullish scenarios when it comes to the current underlying issues at play ? Is anybody bullish on here when it comes to the yields/inflation/interest rates thing ?

:yeshrug: stay long and stay hedged if you're worried. no one knows what's gonna happen, but i'm not betting against the fed

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Ok so I've went down the rabbit hole and read plenty of analysis about it. The more I'm reading, the more bearish I'm becoming :francis:

Are there actual bullish scenarios when it comes to the current underlying issues at play ? Is anybody bullish on here when it comes to the yields/inflation/interest rates thing ?
i mean, my takeaway is simply to expect slower growth in stock prices and start caring about fundamentals - ie all these pre revenue/negative earnings companies that flew last year might just middle along. this concerns me re: green energy/battery plays

FrostBite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone ever use Schwab Intelligent Portfolio (their automated investing tool)? If so, what kind of results did you see?

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug: stay long and stay hedged if you're worried. no one knows what's gonna happen, but i'm not betting against the fed
I'm mostly looking for advice as you guys know more than me in finance/stocks :whoa: And more importantly you guys are Americans so you know about your institutions better than me :lolbron:

i mean, my takeaway is simply to expect slower growth in stock prices and start caring about fundamentals - ie all these pre revenue/negative earnings companies that flew last year might just middle along. this concerns me re: green energy/battery plays
So you're not expecting any kind of major pull back or even a bear market in the coming months ? Is it unrealistic ?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'm mostly looking for advice as you guys know more than me in finance/stocks :whoa: And more importantly you guys are Americans so you know about your institutions better than me :lolbron:

So you're not expecting any kind of major pull back or even a bear market in the coming months ? Is it unrealistic ?
Nope, the overall fundamentals of the economy is good, reopening, pent up demand, more savings, sucks to say, mostly only the lower segments/earners of society were impacted by the pandemic and our economy is used to leaving them behind. I think the bear case for our markets is slower growth but not a collapse. We still need tech, cyclicals will rise as people spend, oil will rise as people go back to offices, etc i just don’t see where we collapse.

that said we are due for an extended bear markets but I don’t think we see it until late 2022 and/or 23

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps

i just meant that we're in uncharted territory here, bond yields are still very low despite the recent increase and with the amount of stimulus money coming in + economic recovery from covid, no one knows for sure what's going to happen. sites like zerohedge get a lot of views by constantly predicting crashes, so i don't read much into all of the doom and gloom articles. they were all wrong last year in march predicting stuff like SPY sub 200 etc. i have just increased my hedges and cash %, and will continue to be buying any large dips if they occur.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
alright i'm in. big fan of eventbrite
but def need to do more research on the 3d printing space. ive never fully understand how its applied
If a company could figure out how to 3D print steel and aluminum, it would up end the entire manufacturing industry. I work in metal MFG.

So you're talking a multi multi billion dollar industry, potentially.