Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
All depends on the overall market. i believe the space sector does provide opportunity but it's super speculative and pure spec plays are being held down right now..

SFTW is one name i've been watching because it's a SPAC at $11 so we can see where the floor is and if it's added to the ETF we could see a nice pop.
With space stocks, do you see them falling much lower than they are now? I think a lot of people hear "space" in relation to a company and think about traveling to other planets and shyt like that. They don't think about it from a data perspective which should be an interesting market in itself.

I want to live to see space crafts that can fly us across the globe in an hour or 2
:ohlawd:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
AMC slowly rising. I think by summer imma sell my whole load. Vaccine will be more readily available and (big) movies will start to release by then.
I was part of those thinking 5 or 6 was still a cheap entry after the first GME wave and got out in late feb because I was in profit.

But it should also be noted that just before the COVID lockdown last March, AMC was trading at 7 (before their freefall to $2) and was on a steady decline since their last high of 20 bucks in october '18. If nothing fundamentally changed in that company, it doesn't look realistic for it to go above 20 without some major change in their business structure. However, hype or the GME wave might carry it to 20 or above though.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Can somebody link me to some ELI5 when it comes to bond yields ? I believe one of you posted some article or video a couple weeks ago about it but I cannot seem to find it any more :mjcry:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I was part of those thinking 5 or 6 was still a cheap entry after the first GME wave and got out in late feb because I was in profit.

But it should also be noted that just before the COVID lockdown last March, AMC was trading at 7 (before their freefall to $2) and was on a steady decline since their last high of 20 bucks in october '18. If nothing fundamentally changed in that company, it doesn't look realistic for it to go above 20 without some major change in their business structure. However, hype or the GME wave might carry it to 20 or above though.

I bought in with an avg of 4 dollars/share with the hopes it would get to its previous 2018 high, once stuff opens back up.

I cashed some out when it hit 20 and got back my initial investment and then some.

Im just riding the wave at this point :yeshrug:

But yea you're right, it was on the down trend before covid. I only bought because it was super cheap and figured it'd atleast spike after covid.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Can somebody link me to some ELI5 when it comes to bond yields ? I believe one of you posted some article or video a couple weeks ago about it but I cannot seem to find it any more :mjcry:
You should google that phrase exactly with Reddit. They’ve been dropping a lot of threads that explain how yields affect stocks

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Merging with MarkForged 3d printing company that is with the shyts.
CEO is founder of EventBrite and angel investor in PayPal, Pintrest, Spotify and Uber.
alright i'm in. big fan of eventbrite
but def need to do more research on the 3d printing space. ive never fully understand how its applied

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
You should google that phrase exactly with Reddit. They’ve been dropping a lot of threads that explain how yields affect stocks
Ok so I've went down the rabbit hole and read plenty of analysis about it. The more I'm reading, the more bearish I'm becoming :francis:

Are there actual bullish scenarios when it comes to the current underlying issues at play ? Is anybody bullish on here when it comes to the yields/inflation/interest rates thing ?