Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
just signed in to post this. As someone who bets on sports, I still missed the whole wave of buying stock in companies in that field. I had one but sold too early, and it 7x’d after.
I had never heard of SportRadar, but I know they have at least a partial role in that space.. I've seen some flimsy speculation that SRNGU might be looking at them as their acquisition target. MJ is on their board and draftkings' and has already worked with the spac team for the DK acquisition. It's the same team as DK and SKLZ so something else in the digital/sports/betting field wpuld make some sense too

I got in off their past results, but curious if to see PTs if it happens to be them

missed this bloomberg article - Sportradar Said In Talks To Go Public Via Todd Boehly’s SPAC - Bloomberg

edit x2 - it looks like HZON is targeting sportradar

Last edited:

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Last edited:

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
I don't even like to owe money at 0%

I paid off my car a year early even though it was at 0% APR.
I just don't like having debt anymore.

It's not as bad as he's making it out to be if you are trading.

Investing on margin is a different story. Interest rates are annual. So you divide whatever that is by 360 days. (brokers use 360 days as their number of days for the year)

But you still need to have an idea of what you are doing. It can get out of hand for somebody without experience.

I don't buy stocks on margin, but I will short on margin, and I only go as far as I know I can handle. Getting rid of it on the same day is not going to be hard on you, if you chose your play right.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't even like to owe money at 0%

I paid off my car a year early even though it was at 0% APR.
I just don't like having debt anymore.
You get it. Most people don't have a healthy respect of debt. Especially consumer debt. People keep it around like it's a pet. I've been paying mine off again. I'm down to $2150 in credit card debt $1335 on 0% and the rest it regular spend I pay monthly. I'm paying that $1335 off inside the next month and I have $6600 in car debt that I'll focus on.

Debt is not something anyone should become comfortable with. It's always to be treated with respect and acknowledged as dangerous. Go to the personal finance subreddit and you'll see many people are very comfortable with large amounts of debt.

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
It's not as bad as he's making it out to be if you are trading.

Investing on margin is a different story. Interest rates are annual. So you divide whatever that is by 360 days. (brokers use 360 days as their number of days for the year)

But you still need to have an idea of what you are doing. It can get out of hand for somebody without experience.

I don't buy stocks on margin, but I will short on margin, and I only go as far as I know I can handle. Getting rid of it on the same day is not going to be hard on you, if you chose your play right.
I use margin occasionally when selling puts, the interest rates are very reasonable and I always buy back to avoid assignment. Has been profitable so far. Buying shares of blue chip companies on margin is also fairly reasonable for short term plays (like buying the dip last week), I haven't done this yet tho. Buying options on margin is how you blow up your account.