Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
RBLX financials are misleading for those who are skeptical.

They classify the virtual currency (Robux) that users buy as "bookings" rather than revenue. When you look at that number you see what their real free cash flow is. You will be forming an incomplete analysis on their numbers without factoring this in.

:hubie:

I time marked it in the video, so it should start right when he talks about their financials.

It's the 17:04 mark. He explains why the numbers don't really tell the full story if you are not aware about the caveat around their Bookings category.

Interesting video and dude explains things very well, I'm subbing :ehh:

Just a question as I'm not an accountant, why do they put their bookings as liabilities ? It seems that the bookings are more or less equal to the "differed revenue" line in their income statement ?

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
how they going to do those gme holders dirty like that again. smh. :gucci:let them eat.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know breh, I'm just watching the action :whoa:

oh know my G I wasn't coming at you like that. I don't know either. Like I'm holding on to this AMC but it's such a minor amount that I'm just holding it...But if this stuff was to go up to $100 I'm tossing it so damn fast....