Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Came in here to talk about roblox. My kids got addicted to it after an older cousin showed it to them. I cut them off bc after a CPL days bc they're too young but I definitely see/understand the obsession.

Here are my general concerns.

1. Kids are fickle. Parents can be as well. I have no idea if this kind of research is publicly available but i wish I knew what % of users are "long term" vs those who just signed up within last cpl months. How long does typical user keep playing before they go dormant etc. Do we know if all of the millions of ppl they claim use it are real or is it possible that like twitter followers etc, that there are ways to "game" the system just to make the company appear more valuable? I say that bc I can see a lot of parents letting their kids try it out but then quickly cutting them off.

2. This game gives off the same type of vibes as all those weird Youtube channels marketed to young kids that were deemed so problematic. I have a gut feeling that there will be some massive backlash at some point in near future when it's discovered that all kinds of shady or "sketchy" if you're white, shyt is going on. Case in point:

A few replies down someone posts what is obviously sexually motivated content that seems almost impossible to prevent proactively (I'm sure they are working on this but for most parents, one time is all thats necessary) but will probably become even more prevalent now that as a publicly traded company it represents a more visible target for sociopaths.

That being said I think theres money to be made here at any price you can get it today.

I'm going to throw a couple thousand and check back once summer is near. Parents are going to be forcing their kids outdoors. Limiting screen time for kids - especially after a year plus of remote learning etc - is going to be the biggest parental "virtue signal" over the foreseeable future.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Bro I don't know how close your been following gme but I don't think you understand how many failures to deliver they owe us a shyt ton of shares. 21 days to cover failures to deliver. Estimated between 250 to 900 percent of the float. The float around 70 million shares. Plus the last 2 weeks they owe us shares from options expire in the money which will trigger a gamma squeeze which will than trigger a short squeeze. Fomo is still strong also.
here's the one question i have, yall are all holding for this squeeze, when the price spikes to wherever yall are projecting, how long does that hold? how do you cash out up there? simply set a sell limit and hope it executes if the spike i up and back in a matter of minutes? i get diamond hands, but that's for the squeeze, how do people cash out when its supposedly time?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Came in here to talk about roblox. My kids got addicted to it after an older cousin showed it to them. I cut them off bc after a CPL days bc they're too young but I definitely see/understand the obsession.

1. Kids are fickle. Parents can be as well. I have no idea if this kind of research is publicly available but i wish I knew what % of users are "long term" vs those who just signed up within last cpl months. How long does typical user keep playing before they go dormant etc. Do we know if all of the millions of ppl they claim use it are real or is it possible that like twitter followers etc, that there are ways to "game" the system just to make the company appear more valuable? I say that bc I can see a lot of parents letting their kids try it out but then quickly cutting them off.

2. This game gives off the same type of vibes as all those weird Youtube channels marketed to young kids that were deemed so problematic. I have a gut feeling that there will be some massive backlash at some point in near future when it's discovered that all kinds of shady or "sketchy" if you're white, shyt is going on. Case in point:

A few replies down someone posts what is obviously sexually motivated content that seems almost impossible to prevent proactively (I'm sure they are working on this but for most parents, one time is all thats necessary) but will probably become even more prevalent now that as a publicly traded company it represents a more visible target for sociopaths.

That being said I think theres money to be made here at any price you can get it today.

I'm going to throw a couple thousand and check back once summer is near. Parents are going to be forcing their kids outdoors. Limiting screen time for kids - especially after a year plus of remote learning etc - is going to be the biggest parental "virtue signal" over the foreseeable future.

I think most are alluding to kids being outside hurting this company and gaming in general a little too much. These kids are going to be gaming no matter what the weather is outside. That ship has sailed.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
here's the one question i have, yall are all holding for this squeeze, when the price spikes to wherever yall are projecting, how long does that hold? how do you cash out up there? simply set a sell limit and hope it executes if the spike i up and back in a matter of minutes? i get diamond hands, but that's for the squeeze, how do people cash out when its supposedly time?
Do DD

People can do what they feel but the people who are on code with this shyt have calculated that absolutely astronomical SI numbers (200%+ minimum, Media is only willing to admit 50% which is high af still) hidden by naked shorting. the higher the share price before covering, the higher the bomb will blow.

Those with high price targets will sell on the way down from the squeeze, because they are holding for the peak. Them folks are saying 500k isnt a meme, so my price target is very safe.

There is enough ITM calls to gamma squeeze us to 1k easy before any shorts start covering, the math is WAAAAAY on our side. Technicals are on our side. Sharks and whales had set this up 2 weeks ago.

I posted the DD weeks ago but....you know

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think most are alluding to kids being outside hurting this company and gaming in general a little too much. These kids are going to be gaming no matter what the weather is outside. That ship has sailed.
My concern with them is monetization.

My kids play roblox pretty much every day, but have never spent a dime on the game.

As popular as it is, it’s been losing money. Without some big change in the short term I can’t see the stock price going up much from ~$75.

To me that seems more like a goal than a starting point.

We all know kids and gamers in general are fickle. Popularity of the game could collapse while they are still trying to justify this high price and make a profit.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Free games like roblox are filled to the brim with bots. :mjlol: Using the total account count to claim this is more popular than Minecraft is an okeydoke's okeydoke. They playing outchea

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
Who has purchased roblox on TD? Im hearing you can set a limit and buy but the profile won’t appear until tomorrow

I've seen screenshots of limit orders on Robinhood as well but if they open at $65 -- like that article linked then you'd miss placing anything below that price.

$65 too risky for me but it is one of the most anticipated IPOs this year, so shyt it could pop to $100 :yeshrug:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Do DD

People can do what they feel but the people who are on code with this shyt have calculated that absolutely astronomical SI numbers (200%+ minimum, Media is only willing to admit 50% which is high af still) hidden by naked shorting. the higher the share price before covering, the higher the bomb will blow.

Those with high price targets will sell on the way down from the squeeze, because they are holding for the peak. Them folks are saying 500k isnt a meme, so my price target is very safe.

There is enough ITM calls to gamma squeeze us to 1k easy before any shorts start covering, the math is WAAAAAY on our side. Technicals are on our side. Sharks and whales had set this up 2 weeks ago.

I posted the DD weeks ago but....you know
I got 9 tickets to the big dance. I'm finally back green. I lost $1400 on this last time and doubled down on this second come up and now back in for profit. This time I'm $180/share cost basis :wow:. Let's get this bytch to $1000...March 19 here we come.