Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do you short GME through an ETF? Sincere question
I posted the DD from reddit a few pages back, so im summarizing, pardon me if some of the details are fudged

Basically last week someone noticed XRT, an ETF with 80%+ of its holdings being GME. The ETF was moving in sync with GME all last week and spiked today just like GME.

As for how, they short the ETF but go long in the non-GME holdings to keep the ETF's price up while hiding the GME shorts. They're usually trash stocks that got pumped for no reason at all. The 29th is a key date. You can verify this on stocks like Expedia, MGNI and its other holdings. On my own DD I rarely found ANYTHING that justified pumps in early February that doubled some of these

At one point I believe 2 weeks ago the SI on XRT was 800%. Its at 200% right now.

Also feel free to do your own DD on a lot of your favorite stocks behavior from Jan 29th on:sas2: tesla has started taking a beating since then in spite of good news. Alibaba has been getting dumped STILL in spite of Jack Ma reappearing. CCIV's best news ever, dumped hard after hours. Apple gets their EV partnership, yet dumped.

The market has been running on fukkery since the 29th, its connected bruh. This is a black swan event

Last edited:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
:woah:

i did also say several times kmph is an extremely risky play
it is very possibly they get denied next week and you’ll see a -20 -30 -40% in your account
How do you feel about AQST since they're working together on it together?

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
That's fine :whoa:
I'm not going to dump a ton of cash into em.
Just a small, small amount.
Probably less than 2% of my entire portfolio.
I plan on reading up on them over the next two weeks but before I even get to that
would you happen to know why they had such a massive run up last decade before they dropped very, very low ?

Does it have anything to do with their proprietary technology ?
bottom line looks like the decision on mar2, that's less than two weeks.. they possibly have a good news event I think tomorrow on another drug that could bring the designation bump higher, but it doesn't matter if they don't get the good news on mar2. So hoping it runs before mar2 to avoid potential major pain I think is what big investors were looking to see.

some smart people are holding, I think someone just bought their debt which could or be good or not, shares for 6.9 so they already could have locked in profit. some people say chart is poised to run it's being held down, float shorted % is high, some saying it could be a buyout situation. I have no idea which is why I only have 10 shares and just trying to (eventually) wrap my head around the situation

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
A few hundred pages ago I asked wtf Tendies were. I deduced "profits "... but didn't know it was chicken tenders as actual :dead:

:flabbynsick:
they said it because previously as broke millenials they could only eat chicken nuggets, but with these profits they'll be able to afford chicken tenders. :mjlol:
Of course they will.

I'm newer to options, how come some stocks don't have them?
the nasdaq and CBOE determine which stocks have options. i'm not quite sure the criteria that they use to determine it, because it is really interesting when a bigger named company doesnt have them

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
bottom line looks like the decision on mar2, that's less than two weeks.. they possibly have a good news event I think tomorrow on another drug that could bring the designation bump higher, but it doesn't matter if they don't get the good news on mar2. So hoping it runs before mar2 to avoid potential major pain I think is what big investors were looking to see.

some smart people are holding, I think someone just bought their debt which could or be good or not, shares for 6.9 so they already could have locked in profit. some people say chart is poised to run it's being held down, float shorted % is high, some saying it could be a buyout situation. I have no idea which is why I only have 10 shares and just trying to (eventually) wrap my head around the situation
You have a reversal sign 2 days ago, but no uptick in volume today. I'll be buying a few more shares tomorrow. The order book is looking good for tomorrow am.

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV

Here’s a recent podcast that I liked about chasing top fund managers like ARK. They address the topic with history and data. There have been fund managers like Cathie in the past who seemingly had the Midas touch. But when they crashed, they crashed HARD. It can get ugly.

Not saying people should stop investing with ARK, but it has changed my view on them. It’s worth a listen.

Start at 18:27.

excellent article in reference to jacobs asset management being the hotttest internet active fund of the future during the 1999 to 2000 dot com crash with its biggest holdings in stocks like askjeeves:heh:

Net-Wrecked: The Stormy Crash of Ryan Jacob’s Beautiful Internet Fund

YaFingerDealMe

All Star
Daps

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
May have to change my strategy . I haven't been taking profits because I want win long term but damn I could have made so much money from ipoe and cciv selling profits and rebuying. My fear is selling and then being left in the dust trying to buy back.

My goal is long term which is one reason why I love spacs. Buy between 10 - 15, hopefully in 5-6 years they have 4x to 10x.

Anyways I am holding on ipoe, cciv(may buy more if it keeps dropping but already have enough shares), bft long. I need confirmations for IPOF, IPOD, SCVX. Hopefully in 5-6 years, I have a big smile on my face lol.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
May have to change my strategy . I haven't been taking profits because I want win long term but damn I could have made so much money from ipoe and cciv selling profits and rebuying. My fear is selling and then being left in the dust trying to buy back.

My goal is long term which is one reason why I love spacs. Buy between 10 - 15, hopefully in 5-6 years they have 4x to 10x.

Anyways I am holding on ipoe, cciv(may buy more if it keeps dropping but already have enough shares), bft long. I need confirmations for IPOF, IPOD, SCVX. Hopefully in 5-6 years, I have a big smile on my face lol.
Honestly you might be better off averaging down if you value the position because the opposite could happen and you could take profits and have the thing skyrocket. Depends on your conviction in the company.