Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know most of you all are passed this type of stuff. I missed Chris sains road to 100K challenge but I’m going to do the Larry Jones $5 a day challenge.

9piece

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unless you are invested in straight calls or flipping stocks (you shouldn't be), enjoy the ride and buy the dips.

Why shouldn't one flip stocks? I have made extraordinary gains while flipping these stocks over the past few months. Of course one needs to KNOW what they are doing.

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
So where is everyone keeping all this money to be able to go into these positions again? All I see is messages of adding into positions all the time, but something has to be sold at some point so funds can be opened up.

What positions are we jumping ship from no one is talking about that arent gonna bounce back from and you are trying to leave others to hold the bag? Or does everyone in this thread have $50,000 sitting on the sidelines making money?
I prefer to keep 15-20% in cash at all times in reserves (high interest savings account) & gradually buy the dip with that money. Its best to build this reserve when stocks are running or in a bull market behavior so when the inevitable correction and/or crash occurs you are ready to pounce

charknicks

All Star
Daps
You should always be 10-30% cash in your accounts. Either by taking some profits occasionally - like when everything ran up the first half of this month - or doing little monthly deposits to your investment account that you let sit as cash until a buying opportunity. You don’t need to invest every dollar your put in your investment account the day you transfer it there.

Lastly, some people pull money from savings to invest and then pay back their savings account vs adding more money to investment accounts over the next couple weeks/months

This! I knew I was missing something. I will jump on this. I keep 20%-30% cash in my accounts as well. I was saying all I see are messages of adding, but that is great advice in the bolded. If you arent a FA, you should be. You and a couple others in here are on top of things. As I keep saying, lets keep helping each other grow this money. Best thread by far in The Coli website. Love these like minded people.

Now, we also need that inside info on your manager's penny stocks. Get that pen and pad working, lol. Lets have a good day today. This is the day to put the work in that will pay off in months down the line.

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps
Why shouldn't one flip stocks? I have made extraordinary gains while flipping these stocks over the past few months. Of course one needs to KNOW what they are doing.

I'm against it as a primary investing option. Most people are going to reinvest the money they pull out and eventually that luck will run out + you are paying short-term gain tax on everything.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So where is everyone keeping all this money to be able to go into these positions again? All I see is messages of adding into positions all the time, but something has to be sold at some point so funds can be opened up.

What positions are we jumping ship from no one is talking about that arent gonna bounce back from and you are trying to leave others to hold the bag? Or does everyone in this thread have $50,000 sitting on the sidelines making money?

I just either add money or have money already. Like this morning I knew I wanted to grab a couple of shares of tesla and add to my safe positions so I just added the funds to go along with what I had in there. I’m definitely not wealthy by any means just a regular blue collar kind of guy...

I don’t have a lot of positions the few penny stocks I have are not a priority right now as adding to long term positions is what I’m concentrating on.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
giphy.gif