Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
which proves my point. your overall account will hardly be red if you consolidate and cop stocks at a low cost basis. tesla is dropping mad today, but my cost basis is so low that i'm not affected by it nor do i give a fukk. 4 of my other stocks are green af too.
I see the consolidate into 3-5 stocks pushed way too much in here. More than one way to play it breh.

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
if you consolidate your portfolio into 3 - 5 stocks, you will hardly ever be in the red. some of yall are spread too thin with your 15 - 20+ stock portfolio and then you wonder why you getting killed today.
thats just market behavior, theres gonna be red days and green days alike no matter how much you diversify. Unless you have a heavy concentration in disney & visa, & airlines ironically with the whole boeing 747 catastrophe this past weekend you are most likely red today (nasdaq down 2.3%). Which is fine as long as you dont panick on days like this if anything days like this should raise conviction enough to buy the dip in stock price if you truly believe in the company :manny:

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
I see the consolidate into 3-5 stocks pushed way too much in here. More than one way to play it breh.
yeah i mean it's fine if one of those five positions is a broad market ETF or something safe, but a portfolio of five individual stocks is always gonna be riskier than a portfolio of twenty stocks.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
people taking profits on AABB, but that's big green for me, my spac warrants, CCIV and CVII green, luckin is fukkery but at least it's up from falling down into the 5's

Edit: I'm more hurt by TAN falling than TSLA :mjcry: TAN night go back under 100 and TSLA :mjlol:, i hope we get 650 by the end of the week

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nah breh, holding 3 - 5 stocks bought at low prices points is 10x better than holding 15 - 20, unless you've put 10k into each of them (if you got the cash to do that then cool, most don't). a friend of mine is going crazy right now talmbout he's account is disgustingly red. then i see he got 22 positions open with 4 - 7 shares bought in each stock :mjlol:

I mean prime example if I went and finally bought the dip and grabbed 10 shares of TSLA today at $640 and it still kept going down to $600 and that was over 25% of my portfolio it would still be red....Basically unless you got into something earlier or at a great price point you can be red....The only stocks I have right now that I'm green on are things I got into when they were a lot cheaper or something like PLTR where I ended up buying the dip last week.

That's rather I had 1 or 5 or 20 stocks.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No halting of the market when NIO, TSLA, ARKK are falling. Only when we make money. Smh

I noticed that to...Not a single damn halt when stuff is falling but if it's stuff moving up that it seems like is heavy retail wise they halt it and stop it...thats the type of stuff that needs to be looked at but of course the house always wins.

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
I noticed that to...Not a single damn halt when stuff is falling but if it's stuff moving up that it seems like is heavy retail wise they halt it and stop it...thats the type of stuff that needs to be looked at but of course the house always wins.
they have rules for when individual stocks can be halted, basically if it moves 10% within a five minute window, or if there's major news coming out very soon.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they have rules for when individual stocks can be halted, basically if it moves 10% within a five minute window, or if there's major news coming out very soon.

I'm well aware but it seems questionable that only halts and sometimes multiple halts within small periods of time which seems to deter volume occurs to certain stocks when they are moving up...But they don't occur when the stock is going down.

I hate how you can have a down day and soon as the day is over during post trading stuff is now green and trending back upwards. hopefully tomorrow is a good day.