Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Made some new moves today. Invested a chunk of change in CarMax (KMX). Great long term play as the struggling economy will likely favor the used car market going forward. I also reduced some of my exposure to EBAY, mainly based on some worrisome long term factors. I still have high confidence in EBAY's performance going forward.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I had EBAY in my dummy portfolio back then. A volatile stock that one is. I feel like they need to make an acquisition soon though, perhaps move into online retail as opposed to the merchant/online flea market format they currently use.

Imagine if they set up real life Ebay stores that were set up like flea markets :dwillhuh: :heh:

:mjpls:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
once investors realized inflation wasn't coming, it was only a matter of time it dropped.

shouldve purchased those SSO July calls at 81 strike yesterday :snoop:

AInt even that though breh. If I am correct peep this

SP500 is up so much today because the GDP growth was lower than expected...

Bad news now = good news because this means QE tapering is less likely to occur.

Gold is typically "used to fight risk regarding currency inflation" :heh:

Gold spot rate down 4% overnight :comeon: when if anything...QE --> Prevents deflation--> Gold should be up today :ld:

This is the same gold that spiraled down during the initial announcment last week from the Fed saying tapering could start this year. So what is it brehs?

As a coworker put it Gold just isnt sexy anymore. All that fundamental shyt is out the window now. Either i get lucky and i get a pop or I dont lol. If I know one thing though, Barrick is WAAAAAAY oversold. PERIOD. Even if gold drops to 1000...still oversold

Daps
Reppin
NYC

Bad news now = good news because this means QE tapering is less likely to occur.

Gold spot rate down 4% overnight :comeon: when if anything...QE --> Prevents deflation--> Gold should be up today :ld:

This is the same gold that spiraled down during the initial announcment last week from the Fed saying tapering could start this year. So what is it brehs?

As a coworker put it Gold just isnt sexy anymore. All that fundamental shyt is out the window now. Either i get lucky and i get a pop or I dont lol. If I know one thing though, Barrick is WAAAAAAY oversold. PERIOD. Even if gold drops to 1000...still oversold

i think that realization was what initially jumpstarted the selloff. after that, its just herd mentality and all rationality goes out the window like you said. on top of that, more and more long-term longs are closing their positions after taking huge losses so its driving the price even further down. china isnt helping either.

Daps
Reppin
NYC

also, no tinfoil hat, but central bank manipulation of gold prices pushing them down to drive capital into the equity markets wouldn't surprise me either :manny: not anywhere near an expert on commodity markets though so i could be way off.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
also, no tinfoil hat, but central bank manipulation of gold prices pushing them down to drive capital into the equity markets wouldn't surprise me either :manny: not anywhere near an expert on commodity markets though so i could be way off.

I actually said something similar on the last page.

Anyways I'm probably taking a position in aapl today or tomorrow. Its a stock I've owned in the past. And i can't ignore these valuations of it.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Bruhs...my wife just got a job as a financial advisor/investment consultant at a large bank. :wow: I'm about to be :eat: off that inside info. :blessed:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
man if Blackberry doesnt surprise....:wow:

This is some all or nothing shyt here. If they fail I'm out the game for at least 3 weeks.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
man if Blackberry doesnt surprise....:wow:

This is some all or nothing shyt here. If they fail I'm out the game for at least 3 weeks.

god damn, 33% short interest. it's net assets outweigh their market cap, so there's that. and their debt isn't bad at all. when i looked into their balance sheet i was expecting a nightmare.

anyways i may take a small position with some nike options or just buy the stock. i expect their earnings to be decent and i expect them to go to at least 68 or 70 at some point.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
god damn, 33% short interest. it's net assets outweigh their market cap, so there's that. and their debt isn't bad at all. when i looked into their balance sheet i was expecting a nightmare.

anyways i may take a small position with some nike options or just buy the stock. i expect their earnings to be decent and i expect them to go to at least 68 or 70 at some point.

BBRY's ba;ance sheet is a beauty. No long term debt, bunch of cash, current ratio at about 2? quick ratio around 1.5, low price to book ratio. Shorts will manipulate the hell out of it though. Short-Float ratio is 41% actually I think now. High risk high reward to reverse my bad last week and then some. If I lose I lose :manny:. I believe...but I'm staying pessimistic.

Recently I'm about 4/7 on my earnings calls.

Q4 for KKD was poor
Q1 for KKD was amazing
Q1 for LYV was great
Q1 for Tesla was INCREDIBLE
Q1 for EVR was meh
Q4 for AYA was amazing
Q1 for AYA was meh