Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
What's up Domingo, nah I haven't played with fake money, I was thinking about it at first but after reading Beating the street, one up on wall street by Peter Lynch and a book title how to make money in stocks by O'Niel, I'm eager to invest.

well you can't really start too soon. Like I said I use Scottrade.

If you're planning on trading penny stocks (which I don't recommend) some of the online brokers can have some nasty fees.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
What's up Domingo, nah I haven't played with fake money, I was thinking about it at first but after reading Beating the street, one up on wall street by Peter Lynch and a book title how to make money in stocks by O'Niel, I'm eager to invest.
Temper your expectations. The markets been choppy recently. For a beginner such as yourself, you can lose a lot of money getting in right now.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm getting out of the market for the next couple of months brehs. I just don't see that much more upside here and I don't have the time or the mentality to day-trade. Its been a very good ride up the past couple years. :salute: to all of you who have prospered.

Thanks both to you and Domingo, I guess I will practice first with a simulator.
Definitely do that. Also, if I were you, I would wait for substantial correction for the time being. You've honestly already missed the best part of this bull market. When it happens, and it inevitably always does, look into investing the majority of your money in index funds and the rest in companies and/or industries you really believe in. I'm of the opinion that overactive management of one's portfolio is something to be avoided, but not everyone will agree with me. Everyone has their own style. Try to find your own.

Good luck:salute:

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
too late get in on this stock? :lupe: have $3000 to spend

Yo. I cannot advise you on how and where to deploy your capital. NEWL is not a financially sound company. I'm simply trading this market right now because the market hasn't proven that it can sustain a trend. New market participants always want to compound their capital at the fastest rate, but I belive the number one goal should instead be to minimize the risks to your capital by learning how to find investments. In other words, educate yourself first.

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
I have my eyes on WWE. I think it is overcrowded and unwinding after the sell-off. Staying patient, but certainly on watch.

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I exited most of my portfolio a month or so ago. Made money on Generac (now down to 51, took profits at 59) Old Line Bancshares (took profits at 17), lost a little on ACHN, ARIA, HIMAX (should have taken profits there when i could), and lost a lot with GLUU.

I invested in GLUU after reading poised to triple with Gomes. Lesson learned for me is most of what you read and see is pure bullshyt from pumpers or shorters using many forms of mediums to influence you. You need to do your own DD and not follow anyone else.

I agree, start with Play Money!

All that is left I am playing with at this point is WYY. The boy @Shugg Ross put me on this stock and after researching i liked it. Bought it at many different prices but the biggest chunk came at 1.38. Im sticking with this long term with 8000 shares.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have my eyes on WWE. I think it is overcrowded and unwinding after the sell-off. Staying patient, but certainly on watch.

Yea after the crash I grabbed some WWE at $11.04 for me and my dad. I have to believe if you hold on to it long enough you'll see $16+, even low $20s once they trim the fat and gain momentum on a new venture (3D pay per views or some sh1t). The wrestling business and stock market, it's all cyclical. Just hope you get in during a downturn. Seems like a good enough bet at $11 so I'm in

Plus I've been a wrestling fan for the longest time and it's cool to own something I actually have an interest in versus some company with a pharmaceutical patent or whatever

And :what: at NEWL continuing this run. God damn why didnt I get in at 60 cents last week

@franknitty711 sadly I had to sell WYY last week to allocate enough funds for WWE. It's already up like 12% since I got out. I'm gonna watch it and maybe jump back in depending where it goes... I hope you make a nice buck on it

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
NEWL

toast.gif