Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
:mindblown: I have no idea what you are talking about outside of I should hold on to TSLA.

cost basis = what is your average price per share on your tsla holdings. she's saying to hold it. why the F would you sell for a loss when you'll short to long term more than double up your tsla investment.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
cost basis = what is your average price per share on your tsla holdings. she's saying to hold it. why the F would you sell for a loss when you'll short to long term more than double up your tsla investment.

well I established a few post ago I was going to hang on to it. But when I woke up I almost want to say everyday I had the stock it was at a loss. I have 2.28 shares of tsla and 6.78 of Apple.

I just got into this about 2 weeks ago.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
well I established a few post ago I was going to hang on to it. But when I woke up I almost want to say everyday I had the stock it was at a loss. I have 2.28 shares of tsla and 6.78 of Apple.

You absolutely need to keep both and add on. Think of them as savings accounts and you want to hold them for at least 12 months

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Stocks fluctuate man, these ain’t no start up/Chinese shell companies, they ain’t going no where, not sure why you’d push the panic button on them. You need to determine your investment strategy, too many new people try to jump into being traders instead of investors. The fact that you didn’t know cost basis means you haven’t done your research before starting. I’d suggest picking up investing for dummies or hitting nerd wallet or investopedia and learning the basics/terminology. Make sure to also learn about short and long term gains and the tax implications.

but chill out. Hold those long term, if they keep going down and you have money, buy more to bring your dollar cost average down.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Abio climbing up on low volume

giphy.webp

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
:mindblown: I have no idea what you are talking about outside of I should hold on to TSLA.
c/s what @dora_da_destroyer said.

Get your long term strategy down 1st. Find a few good companies and index funds you want to hold for the long haul.

Also learn about capital gains taxes and factor those into how you want to move

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Also learn about capital gains taxes and factor those into how you want to move

Basically if you have good income this year and you just lost a bunch of money on Tesla you might want to sell it right now so you can take that loss off on your taxes and then wait 30 days to avoid the wash-sale rule and rebuy Tesla for the gains that you think are coming down the road. Of course, whatever happens in this next 30 days may hurt/help you so thats a factor as well.