Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
:dwillhuh: How so.

Problem is you're looking at it from the perspective of a single guy, with no kids.

The primary demographic was kids breh.

IDK about Florida, but out here a movie ticket for an Adult and a kid is like $35.

That's not including concessions that kids are going want. If it were in theaters most people would end up spending at minimum like $50. And that's just for two people.

At $30, now a multi generational family, can watch Mulan.

Seems fair to me. :manny:

Yeah true that. I have A-List so sometimes I be forgetting how much movie tickets cost. Yeah might be around the same price here depending on peak times plus extra features like imax and whatnot. Standard should be about $15 to $20. Prolly went up to make up for the lost revenue.

Starski

Superstar
Daps
See man, I'm not against day trading, but when I started loosing some money, I realized I had to switch my strategy.

The key is wealth preservation like @ill said.

But also the key is to be well versed in the various methods and ways to deal with the stock market. This can't be learned overnight, but constantly learning from your errors is the way to go.

No one who hedged their positions should be losing 3 million in a few days.

honestly, after do this for a while / being in the biz to some degree.... I just tell people if u can’t dedicate ya life to finding a process (that’s the problem people try to be good stock pickers .... the greats let their PROCESS pick stocks for them) then just DCA on indexes, a few blue chips. And ya 401k. Maybe swing trade here and there. But I’d you think you going to beat “the suits” ya not....

Try finding some pictures of prominent hedge funds damn places look like nasa :deadmanny:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
See man, I'm not against day trading, but when I started loosing some money, I realized I had to switch my strategy.

The key is wealth preservation like @ill said.

But also the key is to be well versed in the various methods and ways to deal with the stock market. This can't be learned overnight, but constantly learning from your errors is the way to go.

No one who hedged their positions should be losing 3 million in a few days.
if a berh got millions of $ to be investing, a breh better be hedging with options and inverse ETFs

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Very very bearish day. Happy i went back in
Next stop 3300 hopefully

Then if mans are lucky 3000 :whew:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
<350 I buy 5 more shares
<300 50

I'm kicking myself for breaking down and buying October $350 TSLA calls today when it hit $345 today. I thought that may have been the bottom.
Question: Is it unwise to buy a call option that expires in 3 days,?
Depends on what you mean by "wise". It's the type of thing that you would only want to spend "gambling" money on, because what you are describing is a true gamble. But gambling every now and then is not necessarily unwise.

2 year options drop next week :yes:

this dip gonna have me eating

I've been telling everyone I know who buys options that ETF LEAP calls are probably the way to get rich now.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'm kicking myself for breaking down and buying October $350 TSLA calls today when it hit $345 today. I thought that may have been the bottom.

Depends on what you mean by "wise". It's the type of thing that you would only want to spend "gambling" money on, because what you are describing is a true gamble. But gambling every now and then is not necessarily unwise.

I've been telling everyone I know who buys options that ETF LEAP calls are probably the way to get rich now.
When markets are at all time highs? Maybe a few months ago, but now...meh

Scholar

Superstar
Daps

If markets calm down and battery day comes through you might come out ok.

Say more about the ETF leaps tho